U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 02:19 PM

3,389 posts, read 1,514,346 times

Advertisements

Hard to see how any reasonable halfway intelligent person could still be in support of CTU. They are a bunch of spoiled corrupt thugs.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-22-2021, 11:48 PM

13,144 posts, read 19,483,127 times
I'm a cps parent. I hate the ctu.

Old 01-23-2021, 03:53 PM

4,478 posts, read 7,913,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why? Their members care so deeply about equality, they are merely refraining, not refusing....

“By asking so loudly to return whether through actions or words, I do not believe we are sending a message of allyship to communities of color in our city,” Skowronek said. “It saddens me that this does not match the conversations and learning that we have in the classroom addressing systemic racism.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zzy-story.html

Most of the CPS teachers I know live in Lincoln Park, Lakeview or other affluent Emerald City neighborhoods. I am going to doubt the teacher I quoted is any different. If they want to show true allyship, how about a union resolution requiring teachers to live in the neighborhood they teach in? I'm sure that would go over really well.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:16 PM

881 posts, read 485,695 times
I love when statements mentioning "systemic racism". Just means that person / group is focused on made up past problems, complaining and self-victimizing....while those of us focused on the future, solutions and improvement are able to leap frog them academically and financially so much easier.

How many times have you heard Asians complaining about systemic racism? Instead they knock academics outta the park. How many Indian Dr. Guptas do you know? I think I know a thousand...not to mention software engineers. You get the idea...

Old 01-23-2021, 06:12 PM

4,478 posts, read 7,913,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I love when statements mentioning "systemic racism". Just means that person / group is focused on made up past problems, complaining and self-victimizing....while those of us focused on the future, solutions and improvement are able to leap frog them academically and financially so much easier.

How many times have you heard Asians complaining about systemic racism? Instead they knock academics outta the park. How many Indian Dr. Guptas do you know? I think I know a thousand...not to mention software engineers. You get the idea...
White leftists are the biggest enemy of poor minorities, IMO.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
White leftists are the biggest enemy of poor minorities, IMO.
It starts within certain communities. This is off-topic from CTU but Mayor Lightfoot wants a "reunion weekend" for black people who fled Chicago to come back home. What???? Little Village is vibrant. Chinatown is vibrant. Hyde Park is vibrant. Who was responsible for the multiple riots and looting in Chicago this summer? Who is responsible for the endless summers of violence? The successful formula is not that hard...

“It’s so vitally important that ... catalytic projects that are so needed to establish workforce in our community rebuild wealth that has been … stolen from many of us due to systemic and structural racist policies,” Nelson said.

Lightfoot said she “couldn’t agree more” about the need to build wealth and capacity in Black and Brown communities. It’s what her $750 million Invest South/West plan to rebuild 10 impoverished inner-city neighborhoods is all about.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-ha...administration

Old 01-24-2021, 03:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 1,811,180 times
who's in charge now?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/educati...ng-plan-strike

Old 01-24-2021, 04:17 PM

12,575 posts, read 14,522,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Fire them

Old 01-28-2021, 07:50 AM

11,977 posts, read 3,496,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Ugh. I am sorry. I can't imagine.

In the old days, those union people would have been tarred and feathered. Sounds appropriate to me.

Old 01-30-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Fire them
100% Agree. No better time than now to fire them and disband the union. Toss away the rest of the school year and hire new non-union members starting fall 2021. You'll save money and have no more pensions.

Everyone else from grocery stores, hardware stores, manufacturing etc. have all been working for the last 9 months. If a home depot worker can stand behind a plexiglass and see hundreds of customers and teacher can do the same. Also private schools have been open all year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no...id=hplocalnews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago