U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 06:13 PM

16,877 posts, read 19,605,739 times

Advertisements

What people do not understand is that teachers are at risk because children (especially the young ones) don't always obey the rules and mask up. They want to hug their teachers and be close. If a teacher has someone at risk at home, it does pose a risk that they may catch covid and bring it home to their elderly relative.

Note: My ex-dil's dad who lives in Chicago (he's in his 80s) got covid and had a covid related stroke. He was a doctor and was still working, subbing mostly for colleagues, but now he does not know who his wife and children are. My ex-dil is trying to manage his care remotely from Texas because his wife is not in good shape herself and her sister is working while she is not. She is very stressed out and there is a lot that is going on with her dad.

Believe me, this is not something you want to fool around with.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-03-2021, 08:07 PM

2,824 posts, read 1,126,538 times
Cases are down nearly 50%. They just don’t want to work.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:20 PM

6,321 posts, read 2,525,337 times
^^ Schools are among the statistically safest public places one can be right now when it comes to the spread of the virus, so I'm not buying the CTU's fear theater. Lots of school districts and private schools have been open for months now. We have enough information to know that schools are not a significant source of spread for this illness. Lots of other people have put themselves at a lot more risk than the teachers have to ensure they can stay at home and comfortably hide under their blankets. It's time for them to quit whining and get back to work. The academic, social, and psychological damage these closures are doing to the kids is incalculable.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:46 PM

2,469 posts, read 946,728 times
Bitey, 2 words:

THANK YOU

Old 02-03-2021, 10:57 PM

13,146 posts, read 19,483,127 times
Im so tiered of CPS. I can't wait to move away from this city. CPS is horrible. My son goes to Taft HS and I guess it has a pretty good reputation. But to be honest, I don't know because so far he hasn't even sat a foot in the building. We will for sure move to NWI but still work in Chicago...like so many other people.
My son is doing pretty good. He don't need any help really. My daughter on the other hand. She could benefit from being in class. I work full time, my husband work full time. It's just too much. She has to be in school.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:06 PM

13,146 posts, read 19,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What people do not understand is that teachers are at risk because children (especially the young ones) don't always obey the rules and mask up. They want to hug their teachers and be close. If a teacher has someone at risk at home, it does pose a risk that they may catch covid and bring it home to their elderly relative.

Note: My ex-dil's dad who lives in Chicago (he's in his 80s) got covid and had a covid related stroke. He was a doctor and was still working, subbing mostly for colleagues, but now he does not know who his wife and children are. My ex-dil is trying to manage his care remotely from Texas because his wife is not in good shape herself and her sister is working while she is not. She is very stressed out and there is a lot that is going on with her dad.

Believe me, this is not something you want to fool around with.
Again Nana..what makes a teacher any different from any other essential worker?
I, at my job, literally touch covid sick patients 5 days a week and I go home to my family every night.
A grocery store worker touch money and merchandise that guaranteed has been in contact with or been in a home of a covid sick person. They are in direct contact with 100 people or more per day. I'd say they are at a much higher risk than teachers. I bet that teacher that go to Target after work has a bigger chance of catching Covid than from a student.

We can't do this anymore. The kids in this city are screwed. Especially in poor neighborhoods. They have lost so much, I don't think they every will recover. So far the youngest carjacker they caught was 10 years old. 10! Why is he not in school?

Old 02-03-2021, 11:47 PM

197 posts, read 40,450 times
I am not biased since I do not care for beetlejuice or Fatboy or the Unions but in this particular case, it is VERY OBVIOUS that these 2(Lightfoot/Jackson) are up to no good.

Common sense DICTATES, LORI based on your Covid actions that you would wait out couple of months to at least get the teachers vaccinated. He/she came out of nowhere dictating that teachers return to school. These 2 bozos remind me of Trump/Gaetz.

Old 02-04-2021, 01:06 AM

2,824 posts, read 1,126,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
I am not biased since I do not care for beetlejuice or Fatboy or the Unions but in this particular case, it is VERY OBVIOUS that these 2(Lightfoot/Jackson) are up to no good.

Common sense DICTATES, LORI based on your Covid actions that you would wait out couple of months to at least get the teachers vaccinated. He/she came out of nowhere dictating that teachers return to school. These 2 bozos remind me of Trump/Gaetz.
The teachers are vaccinated!

Old 02-04-2021, 07:32 AM

881 posts, read 485,695 times
Way more people die of heart disease in the US than covid. Same with cancer. Your odds of dying of covid if your under 50 are extremely slim to none (which is most of the working population). This is the most overblown "pandemic" in history. In one year we've spent trillions and shut down the economy for no logical reason. Time for CTU to go back to work IN CLASS.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:08 PM

3,051 posts, read 1,811,180 times
News flash for all those still suffering from TDS..

He isnt president anymore, so, in spite of the media and the democrats insistance on bringing him up every minute of every day, and blaming him for everything from global warming to Covid, its time to put on your big boy pants and start to get back to life.

The CTU has been running Chicago for decades, and this is just another example how ineffective and lame the mayor/governor continue to allow the unions to manhandle the city. Can you imagine chubby Pritzker sending one of his spoiled rotten millionaire kids/grand kids to a Chicago Public School???

If you like that, and continue to elect these bozos and support their policies, then its on you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago