U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 01:35 PM

12,575 posts, read 14,522,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
News flash for all those still suffering from TDS..

He isnt president anymore, so, in spite of the media and the democrats insistance on bringing him up every minute of every day, and blaming him for everything from global warming to Covid, its time to put on your big boy pants and start to get back to life.

The CTU has been running Chicago for decades, and this is just another example how ineffective and lame the mayor/governor continue to allow the unions to manhandle the city. Can you imagine chubby Pritzker sending one of his spoiled rotten millionaire kids/grand kids to a Chicago Public School???

If you like that, and continue to elect these bozos and support their policies, then its on you..
Chicago voters are too gone to realize how awful public employee unions are. With the help of the pols who give them fat unsustainable contacts, the city is essentially insolvent. But what do the voters do? We continue voting in these incestuous and destructive forces. The sheep hear CTU cries of racism and fall in line.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-04-2021, 05:31 PM

197 posts, read 40,450 times
Mod cut: quoted post deleted.

Its very simple. Get them vaccinated and they will go back to work and if they don't, the arrows will turn. But as is right now, its dictator Lori xing pin trump putin dictating and forcing them to go back to work. I wouldn't. I don't blame the CPS Employees at all for this. If light moron wants them to go back to work, find the vaccines for them so I can get behind you Lorraine. Its going to be covid city inside the dam schools. This moron should know better. She's been preaching how dangerous Covid is all along. Now its safe. Fine, you go in there sit amongst covid infested kids beetlejuice. Show them how its done.

CPS Class of the year, Moron 101 taught by beetlejuice jackson.

The federal government’s misallocation has meant the city didn’t receive enough doses for the 1A phase of vaccinations, which covered health care workers and residents of long-term care facilities, she said. By the time 1B came around — the phase that includes teachers and essential workers — not nearly enough Chicagoans in 1A had received their shots, causing a ripple effect for the rest of the rollout. And Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Tuesday she was not going to move teachers ahead of vulnerable residents or other essential employees who have been working in the community for months.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/educati...guel-del-valle

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-04-2021 at 10:40 PM..

Old 02-04-2021, 05:49 PM

5,187 posts, read 2,415,506 times
They weren't. Nursing homes and hospital workers (phase 1A) got their shots first. It doesn't matter if you're an ER surgeon or a custodian: You work in a hospital, you're phase 1A. (I know 'cause I go into hospital buildings on some workdays.)

I got mine (phase 1B) on Monday; I work in logistics. It's not something I'd willingly pay for, but it was basically handed to me: My employer arranged it via a pharmacy for everyone who can't work from home. Teachers are phase 1B too, I think.

Unions for public employees are redundant. It's nothing like the private sector. They work a cushy government job to begin with, with benefits the private sector riffraff can only dream of. And CTU is the poster boy for union waste, inefficiency, and bureaucracy.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-04-2021 at 10:42 PM..

Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM

881 posts, read 485,695 times
We only need to focus on vaccinating people over 50. Covid has near zero impact on people under 50.

Most. Overblown. Response. Of. All. Time.

Deaths by Age Group from CDC:

Data from 319,168 deaths. Age group was available for 319,143 (99%) deaths.
Age Group Percentage Count
0 - 4 Years <0.1 78
5 - 17 Years 0.1 193
18 - 29 Years 0.5 1,589
30 - 39 Years 1.2 3,712
40 - 49 Years 2.8 8,976
50 - 64 Years 14.3 45,757
65 - 74 Years 21 66,963
75 - 84 Years 27.6 87,952
85+ Years 32.6 103,923

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,717,987 times
To be clear, my wife is a teacher outside of CPS, but in the suburbs. Teachers are Tier 1B, behind hospital workers, etc. She cannot find an appointment for a vaccine anywhere within cook county. Just this morning she saw appointments down in Melrose Park which was just too far for her with our new baby.

However, her and I laugh and cry for CPS and the parents and kids involved. I love that during salary negotiations and strikes the CTU cries "invest in your children", "think of the children", etc. Now when push comes to shove and we are asking for them to "do it for the children" it falls on deaf ears.

I told my dad this morning that if they moved to requiring a mandatory 8 HOUR day on Zoom in front of the children, CTU would be back to in person learning in a heartbeat. Lets face it, the union probably surveyed the teachers to see if they felt safe to return and many of them said no because they enjoy their days free from work! We have friends who work in CPS and they are on zoom for a max of 2 hours a day.

Where's the incentive to return?

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

3,051 posts, read 1,811,180 times
there is no incentive, and there are no consequences if they dont.

one of the biggest national embarrassments Chicago deals with, is the inability of the city to control those lazy, overpaid, blowhard teachers union executives, and, until they see there are consequences to their inaction, expect this to go on forever..

Of course, the parents and the kids are the ones who suffer, not the fatcats at CTU

Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

4,478 posts, read 7,913,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post

Its very simple. Get them vaccinated and they will go back to work and if they don't, the arrows will turn. But as is right now, its dictator Lori xing pin trump putin dictating and forcing them to go back to work. I wouldn't. I don't blame the CPS Employees at all for this. If light moron wants them to go back to work, find the vaccines for them so I can get behind you Lorraine. Its going to be covid city inside the dam schools. This moron should know better. She's been preaching how dangerous Covid is all along. Now its safe. Fine, you go in there sit amongst covid infested kids beetlejuice. Show them how its done.

CPS Class of the year, Moron 101 taught by beetlejuice jackson.

The federal government’s misallocation has meant the city didn’t receive enough doses for the 1A phase of vaccinations, which covered health care workers and residents of long-term care facilities, she said. By the time 1B came around — the phase that includes teachers and essential workers — not nearly enough Chicagoans in 1A had received their shots, causing a ripple effect for the rest of the rollout. And Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Tuesday she was not going to move teachers ahead of vulnerable residents or other essential employees who have been working in the community for months.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/educati...guel-del-valle
Why should they get top vaccine priority, in your mind, over other essential workers and vulnerable residents? Anecdotally, I never worked remotely, except for the 10 days when I got the COVID. That was 2 days with flu-like symptoms and 8 days of quarantine. Thank God I had P90X to hold me over during that time.

Also, the CDC Director has said that schools can safely reopen without vaccinating teachers...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/cdc-...-teachers.html

I think you may be buying into the CTU rhetoric too much! This has become very political but you can be a good Democrat and still be for in-person learning. Let the vulnerable teachers teach remotely and have everyone else come back, just like cops, firefighters, grocery store employees, and health care workers have been doing the whole time.

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

197 posts, read 40,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Why should they get top vaccine priority, in your mind, over other essential workers and vulnerable residents? Anecdotally, I never worked remotely, except for the 10 days when I got the COVID. That was 2 days with flu-like symptoms and 8 days of quarantine. Thank God I had P90X to hold me over during that time.

Also, the CDC Director has said that schools can safely reopen without vaccinating teachers...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/03/cdc-...-teachers.html

I think you may be buying into the CTU rhetoric too much! This has become very political but you can be a good Democrat and still be for in-person learning. Let the vulnerable teachers teach remotely and have everyone else come back, just like cops, firefighters, grocery store employees, and health care workers have been doing the whole time.
Honestly, I think they should start vaccinating where it’s spreading I.e. 20-40 year olds, hospitals, nursing homes, schools etc. but who is to say who should get it first? Let the greedy rich aholes get it first just like everything else.

I am not a union head so I left that part out but i definitely don’t like the way Lori came out and did complete aboutface with mandates. Like she can really do that. I think in her head she thinks she’s pretty. Pretty ugly. I’m just saying there is a better way to go about this. Secure the vaccines for teachers first. Let’s start out with 25% then gradually open it. Be safe you know?

Since you got COVID and didn’t die, high five!!! You must be a underground party animal. You can go teach now.

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

4,478 posts, read 7,913,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
Honestly, I think they should start vaccinating where it’s spreading I.e. 20-40 year olds, hospitals, nursing homes, schools etc. but who is to say who should get it first? Let the greedy rich aholes get it first just like everything else.

I am not a union head so I left that part out but i definitely don’t like the way Lori came out and did complete aboutface with mandates. Like she can really do that. I think in her head she thinks she’s pretty. Pretty ugly. I’m just saying there is a better way to go about this. Secure the vaccines for teachers first. Let’s start out with 25% then gradually open it. Be safe you know?

Since you got COVID and didn’t die, high five!!! You must be a underground party animal. You can go teach now.
LOL! I didn't die, I did P90X core synergistics the day I was diagnosed and I think I might have breathed hard during one of the exercises though.

I will leave the teaching to the CTU. I don't like working from home ;-)

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

41,890 posts, read 16,612,664 times
This thread has been derailed several times and I'm tired of cleaning it up. Since some people can't seem to stay on topic and play nice, the thread is now closed. Some personal attacks and rude and off-topic comments have been deleted.

Perhaps this discussion would be more appropriate in the P&OC forum.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago