U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 01:34 PM

2,523 posts, read 970,633 times

Advertisements

Manson Lamps, I am a fan of both Koreatown and Little Italy. It is not uncommon for me to hit up both in 1 day!

Both areas are diverse neighborhoods. Little Italy may be/ or have a reputation of, being a bit cleaner and safer. But I do like them both!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 07:00 PM

16,890 posts, read 19,645,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson Lamps View Post
Good day to you, master jay. Don't think it was too old but it was around for a few years now, off lawrence and kedzie. Good wing spot...
I don't see anything that says it is closed.

Cafe Orient 33 – Korean Restaurant

https://www.facebook.com/cafeorient33

Old 01-28-2021, 07:25 AM

62 posts, read 15,246 times
I'll admit I haven't had a chance to go down that way in awhile...just saw it said permanently closed on google.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:04 AM

Manson Lamps, I looked at the pictures on the website. Looks pretty good. And they have a sweets deli, too??

I like my gal-bi without bone. It looked like theirs was bone-in to me?

Try San Soo Gab San, if you have not yet! Very authentic. Very good!

I wish I could have seen Koreatown when it was even MORE SO of a Koreatown!

Old 01-28-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post

Try San Soo Gab San, if you have not yet! Very authentic. Very good!

I wish I could have seen Koreatown when it was even MORE SO of a Koreatown!
Good looks...yea I've been meaning to try that one...

Old 01-28-2021, 08:37 AM

Manson Lamps, San Soo Gab San is clearly not a part of the Koreatown area. In fact, it is part of Bowmanville which is a very quiet, clean, and quaint part of the city. I'm a fan.

San Soo Gab San also has a restaurant in, Morton Grove, I believe. But it is not as good. I believe they are not allowed to use charcoal grills, which is a MUST, for good cooking!!!

Try the one on Western and let me know what you think. They serve sushi, too!

Old 01-28-2021, 06:01 PM

5,758 posts, read 2,741,118 times
There are thriving and growing Asian communities all around Chicagoland, both the city and the suburbs. It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't several large, majority Asian communities in Chicagoland in the near future.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:32 PM

134 posts, read 43,432 times
What is are the boundaries of today's Koreatown?? I feel like it's a sprawl today. Although I've been to this area that had a few restaurants, a korean bar and a karaoke spot all in one block and I assumed this was Koreatown just south of Devon....but my friends would go at night so I didn't really pay much attention of the surroundings just that we were south of Devon and near North park University on Bryn Mawr by the river, there is a cluster of Korean and other Asian restaurants...do we actually have a defined Koreatown after most left Lawerence (Nearby is Little Arabia).

Old 02-12-2021, 06:39 PM

yea theres a few korean spots south of peterson and east of california. there was also a marlet arpund there too but dont know if its still around...i dont go by that area too much.

edgewater has long had a korean population also but theres not any real concentration of a population or businesses that could be defined as a koreatown.

Old 02-12-2021, 11:08 PM

134 posts, read 43,432 times
Ahhhh I didn't realize Edgewater had an important Korean population! That's awesome! And Ok...the area around California and Peterson makes sense! I hope they designate an official Koreatown to boost business via local tourism. It always helps! Look at Argyle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago