Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 08:49 PM

306 posts, read 480,041 times

Advertisements

I thought of putting this in the homes category, but figured Chicago would be better. New home, looking for a 2020 picture of the Chicago skyline for my office and also a black and white picture of the Tribune/Wrigley building side by side.

Would love the skyline would to have VISTA, etc. Let me know if anyone knows of a link. Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 02:39 PM

552 posts, read 408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westburbsil View Post
I thought of putting this in the homes category, but figured Chicago would be better. New home, looking for a 2020 picture of the Chicago skyline for my office and also a black and white picture of the Tribune/Wrigley building side by side.

Would love the skyline would to have VISTA, etc. Let me know if anyone knows of a link. Thank you very much!
Max Wilson is a 3-time Emmy Award winning photographer. He is part of the NBC Helicopter Sky 5 crew and has amazing photos. His work is of the highest quality.

Here is a link to his site:

https://www.maxwilsonphotography.com/

Old 01-16-2021, 01:00 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Untitled by James Fremont - Four Star Images, on Flickr

Old 01-19-2021, 07:17 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,190,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but can someone list the prominent buildings shown and their nicknames, if any, and official address for this out-of-towner?

I've always wondered about the names and addresses of the major buildings in this photo.

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2021, 02:25 PM

31 posts, read 31,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but can someone list the prominent buildings shown and their nicknames, if any, and official address for this out-of-towner?

I've always wondered about the names and addresses of the major buildings in this photo.

Thanks.
None of the buildings have nicknames, just official names. There are only a couple I can think of off the top of my head that have actual nicknames. This image here has most of them labeled. Not shown in the image below, but shown above is Trump Tower (round glass building with single antenna at top with red light).

https://external-preview.redd.it/Ypz...=webp&920e18df

Old 01-22-2021, 06:09 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
The Fifth Third bank branch at 87th Street and about Major Ave. in Burbank, IL, has two office walls with wallpaper of a photo of downtown Chicago, likely taken from an aircraft at about 1500 foot elevation (I'm assuming this because it is taken at a level in line with the top of the Willis Tower, looking at it from the west, such that the museum campus and lake is in the background). Almost as if it were taken from the rooftop of an imaginary building the same size as Willis, if you can imagine it. Very impressive, and is in black and white. Are you looking for something like this, or individually-framed photos?

I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that there is a wallpaper company out there that will take a high-resolution photo and make wallpaper out of it. I've seen a lot of framed prints of photos of downtown Chicago in my travels, they are likely available online.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post

Thanks.
From the left, the taller-looking ones in that frame are the Legacy at Millennium Park, Trump International, Two Prudential Plaza, Aon Center and Blue Cross Blue Shield Tower (the one with the NBA 2020 on the windows)

The other prominent one is the Crain Communications building aka the Diamond Tower among some other colorful nicknames.

Trump and Legacy are on Wabash Avenue. The rest are at or near the corner of Michigan and Randolph. You're looking mainly at that intersection.

Meanwhile this is Tribune and Wrigley towers, or part of them

Untitled by James Fremont - Four Star Images, on Flickr

Old 02-10-2021, 01:15 PM

226 posts, read 588,643 times
On skyscraperpage.com, a frequent contributor is Nick Ulivieri who recently posted his wife's Instagram account as well.

https://www.instagram.com/nick_ulivieri/
https://www.instagram.com/amyulo/

Paul Velgos does classic, frameable Chicago photography as well:
https://www.velgos.com/-/images/illi...chicago-photos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago