U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

1,660 posts, read 920,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Everything keeps changing every week or two.. At this time, Feb 18, 40% of customer capacity is able to be allowed into restaurants, but it might go up to 50% next week or two. right now, one mask is necessary, but pretty soon, they will declare us to need 5 masks at a time. lol. everything keeps changing.. if people get sicker, etc, then they will retract that 40% and go back to everyone needs to wear a mummy suit just to walk out your door.

just come to chicago for other reasons, dont depend on the ever changing dynamics of politicians.
I really hope life will go back to normal before the summer. I really want to be able to enjoy the Navy Pier and other attractions. If there is no one around it's not the same thing.

You guys have one hell of a city let me tell you that. I have lived in, or visited many European capitals, a couple African capitals, major Canadian and US cities and Chicago is right there with top tier international cities, but cleaner than most and with just the right amount of people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

2,541 posts, read 977,327 times
Sorel36, you, like me, are an outsider that fell in love with Chicago.

And your positive observations/experiences are refreshing.

All due respect to those that live/lived in Chicago and fell OUT of love with it, and moved out OR would like to move out. They are validated because they own their emotions.

And there are COUNTLESS people, I believe, that for their own reasons, continue to love Chicago and have no plans to move, as well.

I plan to move down, yet I would like to wait until my children are older, In the meantime, I am ok with being the outsider that comes down, because I have always felt like one of the group!

Sorel36, I wish you success with your move, and look forward to hearing more about your experiences as a resident.

Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

1,660 posts, read 920,600 times
Thanks ! I will post updates for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: