Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 07:58 AM

4,620 posts, read 3,176,745 times

Advertisements

quigboto, thank you for sharing.

I'm divorced, too. So as you know, it's a mixture of "oh I'm sorry" and "congratulations!"

I do like Jefferson Park. And it does also fall into my Stay North of Montrose theory. Did you, in fact, stay in Humboldt Park??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 09:07 AM

9,903 posts, read 5,571,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Depending on how urbane an environment you are craving, Jefferson Park is a nice neighborhood with a lot of walkable amenities and easy access to the rest of the city via the Freeway, Milwaukee Ave, and the Blue Line.
And Metra.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:38 PM

3,491 posts, read 3,109,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
quigboto, thank you for sharing.

I'm divorced, too. So as you know, it's a mixture of "oh I'm sorry" and "congratulations!"

I do like Jefferson Park. And it does also fall into my Stay North of Montrose theory. Did you, in fact, stay in Humboldt Park??
I did, in fact, stay in my little house in Humboldt. My ex and I came to an arrangement of co-ownership, with me carrying the mortgage myself (Keeping it off her credit so she was able to buy a home of her own in Phoenix)
I was very fortunate that she was willing to make this arrangement, because I absolutely love my house. (Been here over 15 years now)
I also got to keep custody of the dogs!

Old 03-25-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
And Metra.
I knew I was forgetting something!

Anyway, its a great neighborhood that I enjoy spending time in. One of my favorite open mics to play at pre-pandemic was Hops and Barley.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:44 PM

quigboto, my Taekwondo vendor is on Division and Homan, in Humboldt Park. Perhaps you've seen it.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
quigboto, my Taekwondo vendor is on Division and Homan, in Humboldt Park. Perhaps you've seen it.
That’s very near to me but I don’t venture into that part of the neighborhood much unless I need a guitar repaired at Specimen.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:23 PM

Hey. Well Family Court did not go very well.

So who knows? I may look into a move down sooner than later.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Hey. Well Family Court did not go very well.

So who knows? I may look into a move down sooner than later.
Uh-oh -- some personal drama then?

Old 03-26-2021, 05:06 AM

Good morning Bitey.

My ex-wife is a nurse. And we had a nice sized Ranch style house. When we divorced I was entitled to 50% of combined assets and properties. I asked for ZERO. I only wanted to be able to have my alone time with the children without interruptions from her.

And I started taking the kids often on the weekends anywhere between Wadsworth and Chicago, Illinois so that I could get away from her. But even when we were married she would say that she would go for full custody. So even with my portion of the house that I offered to her, she still wants the children!

I'm divorced now, and 8 years later it still continues. So once again she is going to try to take away their placement time with me. She has been unsuccessful so far. And I always said if a judge agrees with her side, I am moving. I would refuse to live 15 minutes from them (as I do now) and be constantly reminded of how close they are in proximity and be unable to be with them because a judge said so (especially I see everyday "men" who do not take responsibility for their children).

So if a court takes away my time with them, then I am going to make sure that I am, at least, in a place that makes ME happy!

Sorry for venting. I am usually very upbeat. But I had court yesterday, and I am very hurt.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:24 AM

Yeah, "family law" is one of the great, cruel misnomers of the legal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago