Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 05:37 PM

617 posts, read 538,372 times

Advertisements

Especially younger ones? They would cut you off for no reason, drive twice the speed limits, etc.

Are most youngsters in Chicago mentally challenged or just psychos?

Old 04-03-2021, 07:26 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Chicago is a piece of cake. I recently was in Naples Fl and had a stopover in Atlanta. The drivers between these two cities are true idiots!

Old 04-04-2021, 05:48 AM

31 posts, read 31,446 times
Honestly Chicago is one of the easier big cities to drive in. Drivers here are pretty considerate for the most part

Old 04-04-2021, 08:09 AM

10 posts, read 5,149 times
Chicago is surprisingly DECENT based on it's size and population. You'd expect it to be crazier than it actually is driving wise.

I recently moved here from DC and let me tell you, the DC metro area is ridiculous when it comes to how people drive. It's almost like people are on suicide missions. They don't care about themselves so of course they don't care about you and your car.

Driving in DC is kinda like that guy who recently rammed his car into the capitol barricade. That's a regular occurrence in the area, it's just not on government property usually.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:31 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
False premise.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:14 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,363,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Chicago is a piece of cake. I recently was in Naples Fl and had a stopover in Atlanta. The drivers between these two cities are true idiots!

We split our time year round between Buffalo Grove and Gateway (South Fort Myers) and you are absolutely correct. Drivers in Southwest FL are utterly insane compared to drivers in the Chicago area. It amazes me how many people between Naples and Port Charlotte manage to flip their vehicles on 6 to 8 lane I 75 or rear end others' vehicles at 80 mph. And my favorite is the definition of "right turn on red". In SWFL, it means if you have a red light, you can turn right. No stopping. No slowing down. Just turn like you have an arrow. Second favorite is how many cars blow through intersections on a red light. It is like a contest. Can we get five cars through after the light turns red? Six? Ten?

That is why I literally have to pay double for auto insurance for my vehicle in FL than I do for my vehicle in BG (same make and model and same coverage).

Old 04-04-2021, 10:08 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
We split our time year round between Buffalo Grove and Gateway (South Fort Myers) and you are absolutely correct. Drivers in Southwest FL are utterly insane compared to drivers in the Chicago area. It amazes me how many people between Naples and Port Charlotte manage to flip their vehicles on 6 to 8 lane I 75 or rear end others' vehicles at 80 mph. And my favorite is the definition of "right turn on red". In SWFL, it means if you have a red light, you can turn right. No stopping. No slowing down. Just turn like you have an arrow. Second favorite is how many cars blow through intersections on a red light. It is like a contest. Can we get five cars through after the light turns red? Six? Ten?

That is why I literally have to pay double for auto insurance for my vehicle in FL than I do for my vehicle in BG (same make and model and same coverage).

LOL, I've seen drivers rear end other vehicles from Page Field to Tiburon; at red lights for no reason. Apparently they see green, and no cars stopped in front of them.
And when I thought drivers couldn't get any worse, I moved to the east coast; where I-95 in Broward makes Naples look like preschool.
Out of 30 plus states I've driven through, Floriduh is still the worst.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:22 AM

253 posts, read 198,793 times
Yeah. People are pretty aggressive. But everyone else is saying they're more aggressive elsewhere. I've driven in the northwest and people didn't seem as rude? But I guess there's levels to it.

Things I noticed in Chicago is the classic not letting you merge.....
people using the shoulder to get away from traffic...
Cars swerving in and out and then tailgating you if you don't move faster.
Plus the nightly shootouts on the expressways now.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:39 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
Happy Easter everyone!

It's a gorgeous day! And I brought my bicycle down. So I WILL be riding along these streets of Chicago.

So if you don't hear back from me after today, then:

YES! PEOPLE IN CHICAGO DRIVE LIKE IDIOTS!

Old 04-04-2021, 10:51 AM

870 posts, read 1,569,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post

I used to live in southwest Florida several years ago. The ironic thing is that a lot of the full time residents and snowbirds are from the Chicago area originally or from other parts of the Midwest. But that not stopping at red lights to turn right...I see that no matter I go.

But with that said, the few times I drove in the Chicago area, I was driving 90 mph just to keep up and I was still being passed. And they drive inches from your bumper if you don't get out of their way quick enough. Detroit was similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago