Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2022, 11:52 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,133,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
quigboto, and THAT'S right!!!

You just go and be the best YOU!

And see if you can make Mole de Mayo fest, too.
Ah, highly unlikely as I am in the midst of battling a particularly nasty bout of the flu and don't foresee myself being fit for public consumption in time, so you'll just have to have twice the fun to cover for me. And make sure you try some Birria (goat) tacos while you're there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 01:03 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,849,701 times
We will likely be going to Mayfestiversary this weekend on Sunday, held at Begyle/Dovetail. We went in 2019, and it's a nice, small little thing, with a band and a few food trucks, along with the full gamut of Begyle and Dovetail offerings, including some special tapping.

It's one of those fests you hit for 1-2 hours, not an all day thing, but very pleasant.

Gonna be mild Saturday (we have other plans that day), but Sunday and Monday look like 80+ degrees.

Gene's rooftop opens this weekend also (oops, I shouldn't tell anyone)

Old 05-25-2022, 02:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,249,261 times
Kmanshouse, I do want to wish you a good day, but don't you EVER hold back information on Gene's rooftop from a brother like me, ever again!!

That one guy that works the grill STILL owes me a dam pretzel, and I DO intend to collect!

Old 05-25-2022, 03:34 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Quote:
Kmanshouse, I do want to wish you a good day, but don't you EVER hold back information on Gene's rooftop from a brother like me, ever again!!

That one guy that works the grill STILL owes me a dam pretzel, and I DO intend to collect!
Haha! Go get it!

Old 05-25-2022, 09:30 PM

Kmanshouse, ohhhhh I'm going to. If you guys want to join me for a "bier", we shall bring in the summer!

Old 05-27-2022, 08:15 PM

884 posts, read 623,679 times
Today, May 27, is the first day of Mole de Mayo Fest.

This is a 3 day fest located at 18th St. and Ashland Ave. in Pilsen. It's an outdoor mole cook-off event which celebrates Mexican cooking and Latino culture. There is also an open-air market which includes local merchants and artisans.

Also featured are music on 2 stages, dancing, and 'luche libre' wrestling.

This is one of the more obscure annual street events in Chicago. Check it out.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:27 PM

Nearwest, good evening, and good CALL!

My plan is to go to Mole de Mayo tomorrow. I have pictures of my kids IN the lucha libre wrestling ring from a few years ago!

Thank you for sharing with the group.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:59 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
I just came back from Mole de Mayo in Pilsen. It was nice and good music and food. Lots of people too; it took me about 30-45 mins to find a parking space.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:17 PM

You should have messaged me. I would have gotten a couple of Sangrias!

I took my eldest. We totally lucked out and found a spot near 18th and Racine.. I paid dor my child to have a tarot reading, a Pina Colada, 2 necklaces, and a Selena t-shirt.

After, we headed to Ignotz on 24th and Oakley. De lic ious pizza!. We gave our leftovers to the people living under the bridge by Rockwell.

What a gorgeous day! I hope you all have an equally great day tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:49 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
You should have messaged me. I would have gotten a couple of Sangrias!

I took my eldest. We totally lucked out and found a spot near 18th and Racine.. I paid dor my child to have a tarot reading, a Pina Colada, 2 necklaces, and a Selena t-shirt.

After, we headed to Ignotz on 24th and Oakley. De lic ious pizza!. We gave our leftovers to the people living under the bridge by Rockwell.

What a gorgeous day! I hope you all have an equally great day tomorrow.
I was lucky enough to find a space on Blue Island Ave only a half a block near the fest's entrance, but only after circling the blocks for 30 min and then stopping at Michoachan ice cream shop( I was going to head back home afterwards, but miraculously saw an open space right across the street).

For food, I got Chicharron pollo with rice, fried plaintain, and Arepas de Queso(looks like a yellow pancake with cheese in it. It was good.) I bought a Bleach (anime) t-shirt, perhaps from the same stand you got the Selena shirt since I saw it there where I bought mine.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 05-29-2022 at 08:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago