Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2022, 09:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,249,261 times

Advertisements

YES! I bet it WAS that same t-shirt place!! No food for me (except the fruit in my sangrias!).

You know first hand how good the food was! Did you see the luchadores (wrestlers)? They probably started after we left.

I saw many police officers, and gave them fist bumps or shook their hands and thanked them for their service.

One was in a great mood. He asked me, if there was any trouble makers, could they count on me to have their back.

I said: I'm the man to come get if there IS trouble!

Please thank a Police Officer, A Fire Fighter, a Teacher, and a Veteran anytime you can!!!

And P.S. By the time I headed home, northbound, Gene's Deli was already closed

What's NEXT for festivals????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 10:32 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
YES! I bet it WAS that same t-shirt place!! No food for me (except the fruit in my sangrias!).

You know first hand how good the food was! Did you see the luchadores (wrestlers)? They probably started after we left.

I saw many police officers, and gave them fist bumps or shook their hands and thanked them for their service.

One was in a great mood. He asked me, if there was any trouble makers, could they count on me to have their back.

I said: I'm the man to come get if there IS trouble!

Please thank a Police Officer, A Fire Fighter, a Teacher, and a Veteran anytime you can!!!

And P.S. By the time I headed home, northbound, Gene's Deli was already closed

What's NEXT for festivals????
I was there for about 2 hours and didn't see the luchadores, unfortunately.

Yes, the police' presence was gladly welcomed. Most of them just guarded the entrances on both ends, but from what I saw the festival was very peaceful, as it should be.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:57 AM

Good day, everyone!

It's time to start planning!

My Lincoln Square neighborhood is hosting Mai Fest this Thursday through Sunday.... Oh, those Germans can party! Better believe I will be using any German words and phrases that I know, and hopefully learn some more! This is, historically, one of my favorite street fests!! Kman, you down for a STEIN of BIER?!?

Also, one of my favorite cities in Lake County, Highwood, is hosting it's Pride Fest, only on Saturday, June 4th. I understand that is NOT everyone's kind of fun. I have gone to the fests in Chicago, but never in Highwood. Could be worth checking out.

Old 05-31-2022, 03:17 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
I will definitely hit up Maifest this weekend. It's a great one!!

Last edited by Vlajos; 05-31-2022 at 04:17 PM..

Old 05-31-2022, 03:46 PM

Vlajos, if I run into you at MaiFest, I'll share

ein bier stein, mein Herr.

My treat!

Old 06-08-2022, 08:17 AM

2,192 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Skipped Mai Fest this year - my wife was out of town and my daughter got Covid, so I felt best laying low. Too bad, since it's 3 blocks from my house.

This weekend we are likely heading to Midsommar Fest in Andersonville and meeting up with some friends. That's a festive one - can get super crowded though. I'm all for fests as long as it's not shoulder to shoulder packed. But we'll give that a shot, I think.

There is also this one, for those who enjoy beer.

https://ravenswoodchicago.org/signat...nswood-on-tap/

Guessing that will be lower key.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:52 AM

Kmanshouse, I'm sorry you missed it. I'm more sorry your daughter caught Covid. You're a good dad, taking care of her by yourself while your wife is away. Good man!!

I don't know if you read, but I came down on Saturday (had a great time) and I had to go home because my eldest graduated high school on Sunday, so obviously I had to be there for that. It was a real treat with Satan sitting 4 seats away from me. It would have been nice to be co-parents and go to lunch together, but Satan rarely performs any acts of kindness.

SO, I came BACK down to Mai Fest, and I am glad I did! Because once again I had a great time!

It was amazing how many random strangers I would talk to and hang out with them for a while. One group had a couple of guys from Sheboygan, so we had that Wisconsin connection. They also had in their group 2 Korean ladies, and they were amazed to hear me speaking with them in Korean. And I ended up randomly running into them at Garcia's later, too!

Another woman at the fest complimented me on my shorts (A design of the Chicago flag, which I actually bought last year in Lincoln Square). We started chatting and then brought me over to her group when she found out I'm a Milwaukeean, just like her husband!

I swear I have more fun and feel more welcomed by random people in Chicago then I do from my "own people" in Milwaukee!

I see Highwood is having an end of school year festival this weekend. I might make that one, one of the days. Highwood is great for me when I need my Italian and Mexican fest, but need to get it quicker than it would take me to come to Chicago. Plus, it is a VERY COOL town!!!

I also see there is a festival on Division Street in Paseo Boricua. I am of Mexican descent, but I very much like the rhythm of Puerto Rican music!!!

I'm looking forward to this weekend!

P.S. Kmanshouse, I hope your daughter is feeling better!!

Old 06-08-2022, 09:05 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,180,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Skipped Mai Fest this year - my wife was out of town and my daughter got Covid, so I felt best laying low. Too bad, since it's 3 blocks from my house.

This weekend we are likely heading to Midsommar Fest in Andersonville and meeting up with some friends. That's a festive one - can get super crowded though. I'm all for fests as long as it's not shoulder to shoulder packed. But we'll give that a shot, I think.

There is also this one, for those who enjoy beer.

https://ravenswoodchicago.org/signat...nswood-on-tap/

Guessing that will be lower key.
That Ravenswood on tap looks really cool. Maybe I'll have to try to get a babysitter next year and head to the city.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:55 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
So, I thought Puerto Rican Fest was next weekend (It usually is on Fathers Day weekend) but apparently they moved it up and I am bracing for the Sh*% Show this weekend.
Hopefully others were as confused as I was and the turnout is a little lighter (and less violent) this year.

Old 06-10-2022, 11:00 AM

2,192 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Ravenswood on Tap was originally next weekend also and moved back to this weekend. I feel that this weekend is unusually loaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago