Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 08:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,250,689 times

Advertisements

MSchemist80, good morning.

When you took the North Branch Trail, did you ride it leisurely, or faster (higher impact exercise-style)? How long did it take you one-way? I believe a on-way is between 20 and 30 miles form the Botanical Gardens to Gompers Park.

Ha! I still remember I challenged 2 guys on bikes to challenge me, at a turn just off of Central Park Avenue!,,, And that is not typically in my character. Martial artists are usually rather calm, after all.

But I was TOTALLY in the right on this one, and those guys were not following riding protocol AND had the nerve to say something to ME, on top of it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 09:01 AM

Good morning, everyone!

WHOA, WHAT IS THIS?????

Wisconsinites unvaxed are on the Advisory list, again, from the city of Chicago?

I guess I could get the vaccine (Let's NOT get into this, since it always ends up being political!)

- OR -

I can stay away from my beloved city.

- OR -

Play it the same way one does with a speed limit, and "take a chance"?

Well, I DO love your suburbs very much. I guess that's my favorite choice.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:13 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
MSchemist80, good morning.

When you took the North Branch Trail, did you ride it leisurely, or faster (higher impact exercise-style)? How long did it take you one-way? I believe a on-way is between 20 and 30 miles form the Botanical Gardens to Gompers Park.

Ha! I still remember I challenged 2 guys on bikes to challenge me, at a turn just off of Central Park Avenue!,,, And that is not typically in my character. Martial artists are usually rather calm, after all.

But I was TOTALLY in the right on this one, and those guys were not following riding protocol AND had the nerve to say something to ME, on top of it!!!!
I lived about 4 miles west of the trail from what I recall I would cruise about 12-14mph on the trail vs 17-19mph on the roads. I believe a round trip to the Botanic Gardens and back from Niles was about 1.75hr. 25 miles

Old 08-18-2021, 01:24 PM

MSchemist80, I do enjoy the various bike trails I've ridden in the city, and its suburbs.

I recall this summer on the North Branch Trail, near the Niles/Skokie area, and seeing a fox as well as a deer.

The furthest north I've ever gotten on the trail was off of Dempster, which is technically in Morton Grove.

What are the fests for this weekend?

I have to decide if I CAN come into the city, or not...

Old 08-18-2021, 06:41 PM

731 posts, read 484,662 times
Quote:
Good morning, everyone!

WHOA, WHAT IS THIS?????

Wisconsinites unvaxed are on the Advisory list, again, from the city of Chicago?

I guess I could get the vaccine (Let's NOT get into this, since it always ends up being political!)

- OR -

I can stay away from my beloved city.

- OR -

Play it the same way one does with a speed limit, and "take a chance"?

Well, I DO love your suburbs very much. I guess that's my favorite choice.
You're unwackynated!?? I was once unwackynated too, but I got it coz my stepson is on a vent so I didn't wanna bring him the covid cooties. And then later they spring on us the little factoid that getting the vaccine doesn't stop the transmission. Duped. I shoulda at least held out to get something outta it, like 100 bux or free drinks at the bar, or whatever else they were giving out recently.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:41 PM

G in MP, I can NOT get into conspiracy theories about this in the public forum. You just go ahead and inbox me if you like.

But I do want to say this to you, publicly: Much love and respect to you, for doing it for the best intentions for your step-son!!

That is extremely honorable, and that is the most important thing that speaks volumes about your character, Sir!!!!

Old 08-19-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
G in MP, I can NOT get into conspiracy theories about this in the public forum. You just go ahead and inbox me if you like.

But I do want to say this to you, publicly: Much love and respect to you, for doing it for the best intentions for your step-son!!

That is extremely honorable, and that is the most important thing that speaks volumes about your character, Sir!!!!
Oh, that would likely just be me telling you what you already know lol!

Old 08-19-2021, 01:15 PM

G in MP, since when did you lose your sense of fun?!?

Old 08-19-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
G in MP, since when did you lose your sense of fun?!?
Me?!! No way, uh uh!

Old 08-19-2021, 01:34 PM

G in MP, you just keep being YOU, brother!!

Now outside of a fest in Grays Lake this weekend, what's going on in Chicago??

I'm hoping to have my kids again this weekend; hoping that their mother, Satan, doesn't try to pull any roadblocks on the plan.

Given I took Satan back to court today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago