Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 06:32 PM

575 posts, read 615,735 times

Advertisements

ok maybe it's getting out of control

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/06/man-s...eterville.html

Old 06-27-2021, 06:33 PM

1,803 posts, read 933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
If I was forced to live in the city I would want to have a gun and keep it ready. Sure as heck can't count on Kim Foxx and the pc crippled police to keep me safe. Besides, drugs like meth and crack cocaine are illegal and people seem to have little trouble obtaining them in Chicago. I'm sure banning guns though would make them disappear like poof.
Oh you must have been considering working for the City of Chicago then? Why would anyone be forced otherwise to live where they do not want to like Chicago city-proper? Can't be under 18 yrs old either where someone forces you....

A city-limits border does not protect oneself from anything. Nor living in a small city as me. Even as a 85% White city.... it has its issues a drug problem that knows no age at times. Mostly young though Medical Marijuana now legal by me has many my age and retired getting it and they do the electronic devices in a bar/club and carry it with them as a gun in rural Texas. They were not shy about the illegal kind not long ago either. Just the smell meant nowhere inside a establishment.

A overdose from other stuff do come over a police scanner my brother has.... none of it makes it into the local newspaper. Oh but it is there. Someone always knows a son or daughter of a relative and friend who may have a problem etc. knows no race and no wealth level of a person in reality.

One day we will read where you go to feel truly safe and free from taxes and other kind of people. I said small city america or village far from a bad mean kind of metro. Just no one should be naive to think one is fully safe from drug abusers or just a drunk driver at all times. They come from all backrounds and races and matters little for drug abuse especially. Crime yes you can find more a rural very low crime area.... Good Luck.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:15 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
ok maybe it's getting out of control

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/06/man-s...eterville.html
Yeah, it’s becoming a regular occurrence. Really sad.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:16 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Oh you must have been considering working for the City of Chicago then? Why would anyone be forced otherwise to live where they do not want to like Chicago city-proper?

A city-limits border does not protect oneself from anything.
Someone who works deep in the city and doesn't have 1.5-2+ hours to commute on horribly congested roadways to the decent suburbs.

The city borders do protect you from marxist, corrupt, ineffective city govt. County borders protect you from Kim Foxx declining to do her job and keeping the dregs of humanity behind bars where they can't keep hurting productive members of society.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:26 PM

1,803 posts, read 933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Someone who works deep in the city and doesn't have 1.5-2+ hours to commute on horribly congested roadways to the decent suburbs.

The city borders do protect you from marxist, corrupt, ineffective city govt. County borders protect you from Kim Foxx declining to do her job and keeping the dregs of humanity behind bars where they can't keep hurting productive members of society.
Wow tbat is a lot of anger. I did suggest a small city far frim a major evil metro. No traffic congestion on highways. Not that there is no traffic..... most need and have a car. I chose to not after 40+ years of commuting, with nearly 20 over 3 mountians and winters no fun doing it.

I do need access to one of my brother's vehicles for some things though. Just faghetabout a major sunbelt city on traffic. No winning there.

You need to move. Simple and get that anger and resentment in better check. It eats at you in your history of post. Not healthy.

We all have regrets in life and mistakes. Some of us more and some less. Just coming to terms with it all is a relief in itself too.

Bitterness when you still have a nice apt in a suburb. Means you are doing OK. Just if you fear or hate so many differences around you. You need to get out.

If you hate any Liberals or certan people. Do a area with more only like you in mindset and area politics. Everyplace has jobs and small cities to more rural offer cheaper homes to apts. Might have a company needing someone with your skills. Keep looking and narrow it to areas you can relax fears and political anger from so much around you.

Meds can help in calming anxiety that keeps the anger in high-gear. Still such anger for the state and city with nothing good seen in your life need not be for a professional with degrees. Not like you are with none and only labor jobs of low skill are most likely left to accept.

Traffic is a part of every big city. Does not matter the politics. A few may be better and Consevative too. They also have suburbs.... Good Luck.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:47 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Default 5 killed, 53-72 shot this weekend

It's summertime and things are back to "normal"

One report has 5 killed, 72 shot; another 2 killed, 53 shot

Still bad numbers.....

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/06...cago-06-25-21/

https://abc7chicago.com/53-shot-2-fa...ence/10836735/

Old 06-28-2021, 10:09 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
personone, good morning,

That "normal" is "abnormal" by most accounts!

Neighborhoods like Edison Park and Mt. Greenwood have less crime because they are filled with house owners; but also because it is known that there are city employees like police officers, who would prove to be an opposition to their would-be criminal intentions.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:36 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
That's a polite and diplomatic way of saying why there's less crime in those neighborhoods but ultimately, unfortunately, it really does come down to racial demographics.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:41 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
TBideon, if that comment was in reference to MY comment, then I will have you know that there other great areas in the city, that are not predominately IRISH!

Old 06-28-2021, 02:34 PM

735 posts, read 483,159 times
Lots of people think all black people live in the hood lol. It's a common perception among liberals, btw. All them black people you see out there with jobs, it's not like they go home to the projects. I dunno about entire neighborhoods, but there are definitely nice blocks, lots of those, and I've been all over.

Rows of tidy lawns, pretty bungalows...nice curb appeal, the residents there keep their blocks nice. Those ain't the people who are out there jacking cars and doing stickups in streeterville.

But there certainly is a black crime wave, that can't be denied. Can't address a problem w/o properly addressing who's making it. Not all black chicagoans are committing crimes, but there's a portion of black chicagoans committing much of that crime. To me, it's clear that black people living on those nice blocks need to get more involved, sway more influence, alter the culture. It's the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago