Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 08:17 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,376,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
compactspace, THANK YOU.

You definitely pointed out the so many finest points of Chicago land!

Yesterday I went to a few bars/restaurants in Lincoln Square. The staff and clients are fantastic and polite. I made new friends along the way, as it is so easy, given the warmth of Chicago people!

I enjoyed riding my bike amongst other health-drawn Chicagoans. I rode in the park system as well as side streets to enjoy the many quaint and cute neighborhoods.

I finished by trying Don Juan's Cantina which had moved from Edison Park to Park Ridge.

I never want to leave when I come down here. Thank you, Chicago, for all those great things compactspace mentions!!
I'm sad Don Juan's had to move from Edison Park. But when I saw their FB post about them deciding to move, I can understand why they moved to Park Ridge. Did you think when you ate there recently, their food is still as good as it was in Edison Park? I hope to eat at their new location, one of these days.

Someone else mentioned Open House Chicago, and I'm glad that is back to in person viewing of each OHC site. And that made me suddenly wonder if Christkindlmarket, was going to be in person again this year. Thankfully, it will be: https://www.cbs58.com/news/christkin...-event-in-2021 Although it looks like Christkindlmarket on a side note won't have a Milwaukee, WI site, for 2021. But will just have its typical downtown Chicago site, plus one in The Park at Wrigley area just west of Wrigley Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 08:36 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
SonySegaTendo617, good evening! Thanks for reaching out.

I've got to tell you, the Edison Park location of Don Juan just gave me a much "homier" vibe. The Park Ridge one is more "new and cool", obviously. But I prefer the homey feel.

I had the shrimp tacos and they were on point! And their salsa was a bit different which for me translates as BETTER!!

Please do go check it out. The staff and clients were great.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:38 PM

SonySegaTendo617....

And NO Christkindlmarket in MY city?!? Heresy!

I went once in Naperville with an ex-girlfriend to the one in Naperville. Ahhhhh the memories.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:16 PM

249 posts, read 182,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm sad Don Juan's had to move from Edison Park. But when I saw their FB post about them deciding to move, I can understand why they moved to Park Ridge. Did you think when you ate there recently, their food is still as good as it was in Edison Park? I hope to eat at their new location, one of these days.

Someone else mentioned Open House Chicago, and I'm glad that is back to in person viewing of each OHC site. And that made me suddenly wonder if Christkindlmarket, was going to be in person again this year. Thankfully, it will be: https://www.cbs58.com/news/christkin...-event-in-2021 Although it looks like Christkindlmarket on a side note won't have a Milwaukee, WI site, for 2021. But will just have its typical downtown Chicago site, plus one in The Park at Wrigley area just west of Wrigley Field.
How's the one in Wrigley Field. I love the one in downtown but I feel the place is too small, they should either block off one of the streets or move it to a bigger location in downtown.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:20 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
How's the one in Wrigley Field. I love the one in downtown but I feel the place is too small, they should either block off one of the streets or move it to a bigger location in downtown.
I checked out the one at Wrigley. It was nice. Didn't take long to take it all in though. It was smaller (Fewer vendors) but more spread out.
A lot of the bars in the area will probably be doing Christmas pop-ups as well to have as a secondary destination once you've taken the market in.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:45 PM

162 posts, read 458,964 times
This post is a sight for sore eyes and gave me all the warm and fuzzies that being in Chicago gives me. Sure, it's not perfect but what place is? I initially moved here in 2007 but mid-last year, I thought that it was time to move back to Michigan to be closer to my parents (I think the shutdown may have sullied my mind lol and I think I was a little lost for 8 months). Michigan is [mostly] fantastic in its own right but after a few months, I realized that I was starting to miss random things.

Having a wide range of cafes or shops within walking distance, parks/green spaces being enjoyed by people and pets alike, the many old and beautiful buildings and grounds that are SO full of history, sports fans walking around in their gear, getting ready to watch a game, people of all ages taking advantage of walking/biking/skating and the many fests that have returned...and although I normally keep to myself during my walks around the city, I get the feeling that most people are fond of the city and what it offers, and that becomes infectious. These are just some of the things that helped us decide to move back to Chicago this past spring.

No matter how much I may complain about the lake effect or traffic or whatever, I am grateful to be here, and just plain grateful for every day that comes. No regrets.

Thank you for ending my day on such a positive note, Master Jay & Co.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:05 AM

Ms_Rae, GOOD DAY TO YOU!!!

First of all, I am glad that the post was POSITIVE for you!

You point out all the beautiful aspects of Chicago that can not be denied (streets and streets and streets of cute cafes and park areas).

I am so glad that you are happy here, and thank you again for sharing your good thoughts!!!

Have a great day!

Old 10-07-2021, 02:12 PM

663 posts, read 306,375 times
Sticking to only positives.

Chicago gets another year of the honor for 5-yrs of the #1 Best American big city voted by over 800,000 subscribers for Conde' Nast magazine. A NYC based and London world travel publication.

Chicago voted Best Big City in the U.S. for the fifth year in a row

https://www.choosechicago.com/blog/s...best-big-city/

The Hotel Gwen won #8 in the world.

Chicago voted Most Beautiful City in North America and 2nd Most Beautiful in the World

https://www.947wls.com/2021/09/10/ch...-in-the-world/

Time Out asked 27,000 people to rank their favorite cities in the world and Chicago came VERY close to the top.

The City is considered by this survey to be the second most beautiful city in the world. It only lost out to Prague, making Chicago the most beautiful city in North America.

In the ‘Best City’ rank, Chicago came in about 12th place… which is still pretty good, considering how many cities there are in the world! Chicago got high marks for its food, architecture and beauty, and for being friendly. We were also considered the second funnest city in the world (only being beat by Tel Aviv); another great title for the Second City to have under its belt!

Old 10-07-2021, 02:19 PM

Chi-town, thank you so much for bringing that positivity to the reputation for Chicago.

It certainly can't be denied!

Old 10-07-2021, 03:03 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post

Chicago voted Most Beautiful City in North America and 2nd Most Beautiful in the World

https://www.947wls.com/2021/09/10/ch...-in-the-world/

Time Out asked 27,000 people to rank their favorite cities in the world and Chicago came VERY close to the top.

The City is considered by this survey to be the second most beautiful city in the world. It only lost out to Prague, making Chicago the most beautiful city in North America.

In the ‘Best City’ rank, Chicago came in about 12th place… which is still pretty good, considering how many cities there are in the world! Chicago got high marks for its food, architecture and beauty, and for being friendly. We were also considered the second funnest city in the world (only being beat by Tel Aviv); another great title for the Second City to have under its belt!

Not only that, but Chicago's Andersonville has just been named by TimeOut as the 2nd coolest neighborhood in the world.
https://www.timeout.com/coolest-neig...s-in-the-world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago