Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 06:28 PM

7,969 posts, read 10,536,373 times

Advertisements

You will feel like you are going crazy trying to "reason" until you make the connection - the rising crime, the lack of control, the removal of consequences and punishment, and the harm and fear it is inflicting on the general populace - is not a mistake or miscalculation on the part of politicians or misguided policies.

It is 100% intentional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2021, 07:15 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,765,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHA188 View Post
Everytime I see reports of these shootings or robberies at gunpoint, it’s the SAME vehicle descriptions. I think it’s the same criminals that are running around doing the same crime throughout the city. And noone catches them. And if they do they’re set free. We need to vote out Lightfoot, Foxx, the chief of police needs to go, all of them!

And I’m a Democrat but I’d even vote for a Republican at this point because what good is it living in a city when I can’t even live my daily life without fear of being killed?
Agree. In my home state, I was a registered Independent (which I have considered myself most of my adult lifetime), but Illinois doesn’t have that so I usually register Democrat when voting, but this has gotten out of hand. I’d be willing to change my ticker in a heartbeat, although there are very few Republicans running in the Chicago “machine.” My vote will go to whoever runs on an agenda aimed at supporting police and legitimately fighting crime.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:01 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,799,009 times
In the last election, the two Republicans I voted for were Rauner and Kim Foxx's opponent. Didn't do any good, but I tried.

Old 12-14-2021, 02:12 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,328,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHA188 View Post
Everytime I see reports of these shootings or robberies at gunpoint, it’s the SAME vehicle descriptions. I think it’s the same criminals that are running around doing the same crime throughout the city. And noone catches them. And if they do they’re set free. We need to vote out Lightfoot, Foxx, the chief of police needs to go, all of them!

And I’m a Democrat but I’d even vote for a Republican at this point because what good is it living in a city when I can’t even live my daily life without fear of being killed?
Yep it's generally the same scumbags over and over again. I think after, I don't know, 20 arrests and several jail stints we need to come to the conclusion that this creature cannot be corrected and it is societal gross negligence to allow them to go free again.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:41 AM

Bucktown has hired private security to deal with crime.
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pr...n-neighborhood

It reminds me of early Japan, when they had a government that failed to govern so citizens hired samurai to keep them safe. Those samurai then formed their own government called a shogunate that then reduced the existing government to nothing but ceremonial puppets. Are private security and governing units going to replace the worthless Democrat run governments?

Old 12-15-2021, 10:44 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,152,103 times
MSchemist80, I think I am for practically ANYthing/ANYone that is going to help the police curb crime!

Old 12-15-2021, 05:10 PM

712 posts, read 463,265 times
Whaaaaaat?!! We got a threat like this still unlocked here, and the mod put it up no less?!! Get out! PJSaturn, I'm worried about you.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Whaaaaaat?!! We got a threat like this still unlocked here, and the mod put it up no less?!! Get out! PJSaturn, I'm worried about you.
Not being able to discuss crime and bad governance in Chicago is like not being allowed to discuss the 800 pound elephant in the room. They have both devolved into major quality of life issues for residents.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:23 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,152,103 times
G in MP, well I think it is a PLUS, that instead of having things mod cut, that there is a specific thread TO write about comments on crime.

I always tell inmates in the jail where I work: I wish you would all make me lose my job!... If you would all stop committing crimes, I would have nothing to do here, and then I could pursue some other type of career!!!

Old 12-16-2021, 08:49 AM

4,839 posts, read 2,948,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Are private security and governing units going to replace the worthless Democrat run governments?

Yes, it's definition is corporatism; there are a number of in depth university articles describing what we are witnessing.
https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2...first-century/

"Surveys of public trust in the government tell a similar story, continuing the decades-long decline from the height of public trust in the early 1960s.1 Yet, at the same time, sizable majorities support increased federal spending on education, infrastructure, Med*icare, and scientific research; thus the sentiment of frustration seems clearly tied to the government’s ineffectiveness in these areas, not simply ideological opposition to government in general."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago