Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 07:58 AM

736 posts, read 483,559 times

Advertisements

Well, yet another shooting on Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable...lakeshoredrive (say it fast). Evidentally, this one yute, he pull up to this one other yute, and he shoot him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 09:27 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times
It's like NCIS LA. Every week there is car chase gunfight on the roadways.

Old 12-17-2021, 02:52 AM

979 posts, read 417,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
This is really sick and sad:

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shoo...yner/11315148/

22 shots!? What the deuce was this guy on??? On a harmless, innocent old man of all people.
He obviously wanted to kill an Asian man. The lefty-controlled media and politicians are doing their best to ignore the hate coming from the African-American community.

Last edited by henrychen; 12-17-2021 at 03:00 AM..

Old 12-17-2021, 07:51 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times

Old 12-17-2021, 08:57 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,544,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
He obviously wanted to kill an Asian man. The lefty-controlled media and politicians are doing their best to ignore the hate coming from the African-American community.
The man who has been accused appears to be of some sort of mixed race. Perhaps he identifies as African-American, but heretofore there has not been any evidence to suggest that it was motivated by bias. At first glance, it looks like a paid hit, quite frankly. You should wait for evidence to come forward before making these kinds of accusations and assumptions.

Further, one thing that people have to get straight is that there is no "African-American community" or "LGBT community" or "Asian-American community." These are all extremely heterogeneous demographic cohorts composed of millions of people with highly varied backgrounds and origins.

The political left would like to group them all together as victims of "white male oppression" for their own political advancement, but ultimately many of the people fitting in these groups don't have much in common with one another, and certainly do not have uniform enough political views for an individual or even a movement to claim exclusive representation. They use these groupings as a tool and a weapon.

No more glaring examples exist than Barack Obama and Kamala Harris, both of whom had an upbringing that bears no resemblance to a typical African-American upbringing of their own generations in the inner-city or rural South. Yet, both have tried to (along with helpful media) turn themselves into spokespeople for African-Americans. It's ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
The man who has been accused appears to be of some sort of mixed race. Perhaps he identifies as African-American, but heretofore there has not been any evidence to suggest that it was motivated by bias. At first glance, it looks like a paid hit, quite frankly. You should wait for evidence to come forward before making these kinds of accusations and assumptions.

Further, one thing that people have to get straight is that there is no "African-American community" or "LGBT community" or "Asian-American community." These are all extremely heterogeneous demographic cohorts composed of millions of people with highly varied backgrounds and origins.

The political left would like to group them all together as victims of "white male oppression" for their own political advancement, but ultimately many of the people fitting in these groups don't have much in common with one another, and certainly do not have uniform enough political views for an individual or even a movement to claim exclusive representation. They use these groupings as a tool and a weapon.

No more glaring examples exist than Barack Obama and Kamala Harris, both of whom had an upbringing that bears no resemblance to a typical African-American upbringing of their own generations in the inner-city or rural South. Yet, both have tried to (along with helpful media) turn themselves into spokespeople for African-Americans. It's ridiculous.
I will not wait, I'm going with the odds.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:26 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Good morning everyone,

I'm hoping all are well.

I understand that what I'm about to say is not Chicago-related, but bear with me.... Some Tik Tok video said there may be shootings in schools in Southeastern Wisconsin, and so students didn't have to go to school if they felt "uncomfortable."

So my ex-wife obviously (she sure did NOT confer with me like co-parents SHOULD) let my kids stay home.

So what is my point? You can't live with FEAR. You can't let it control you, or you really don't HAVE a life!

It IS worthy to be aware, to be prepared for anything in life as much as possible: YES!... But you can't let the bad press stop you from living, and going to places for dinners because of stories of crimes, etc.

I don't know. That is just MY opinion. You can make your own decisions. I would always respect what you decide.

Please take good care.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:48 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post

Agree. Kamala grew up culturally as much Indian as she did African American. She is actually culturally East Indian and West Indian (so not traditionally African American).

Old 12-17-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. Kamala grew up culturally as much Indian as she did African American. She is actually culturally East Indian and West Indian (so not traditionally African American).
It's always sad when she tries to act 'down.'

Old 12-17-2021, 01:43 PM

884 posts, read 622,983 times
It was reported in today's (Dec. 17) edition of the Sun-Times that a 23-year-old man in West Pullman was shot dead, becoming the 800th homicide victim recorded in Chicago this year.

This murder marks the first time since the early 1990s that Chicago has reached that deadly mark. It was also reported that over 50% of the violent crimes in the city are committed in just 15 of Chicago's 77 community areas.

The community areas with the highest number of recorded murders on the south side are Auburn Gresham, Englewood, Roseland, South Shore, and West Pullman.

On the west side, the deadliest neighborhoods are Austin, North Lawndale, and Humboldt Park. Austin has the highest number of reported murders of any Chicago community at nearly 70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago