Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 10:45 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
I voted for Lightfoot in the 2nd round and have no regrets. Why? Because it was between her and Preckwinkle. Preckwinkle would have been much worse, I virtually guarantee it. Lightfoot actually only got 15% of the vote in the primary. I didn't vote for here there. I voted for the last place guy, lol! Too many candidates.

Foxx? You got me there. She never hid her views. And she had no business winning a second term. That was pretty stupid.
Same. Only voted for Lightfoot in the runoff when public union coddling Prekwinkle was the opponent.

Never voted for and actively can't stand Foxx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 10:49 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Right now I'd rather have Trump than Brandon. At least people could afford gas, groceries, and cars and the country was better run and better off.

Putin is a genius. An evil genius but a genius none the less.

As for the rest, typical MSNBC talking points. No evidence Trump led nor encouraged the Jan 6 riot, as for his ranking those "progressive" academics will probably rank Biden as number 1.
biden has the lowest ratings of anyone ever. And I love the LETS GO BRANDON chants going on every where all the time! The T-shirts are great as well!

Old 02-23-2022, 10:57 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,049,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I am getting tired of all these people saying how they deeply regret voting for lightfoot and biden. I mean come on how could they not know how bad they would be! Do these people not pay attention at all BEFORE voting!
Recent polls suggest 70% of America do not trust politicians, regardless of party affiliation.
This is a result of corporations being allowed into politics, and corporate dollars influencing elected officials; etc etc.
Voters have come to realize this, hence the trust issues; and recall demands.
We all knew what we were getting with Biden, as he had political history.
As mentioned here in other threads, it seems too many candidates are allowed in Chicago Mayoral races; perhaps that should be reformed.?
As for the IL gubernatorial race, crime will be an issue.
In fact, just yesterday someone got shot 50 yards from my house; then the shooters barged into my neighbors'(front door unlocked)home. It was like being in a movie, hostage standoff for over an hour.
And I'm 30 miles from the Loop, as I spoke to one officer of 15 years; he said it seems everyone has a gun these days. When he was a rookie, hardly anyone carried.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Recent polls suggest 70% of America do not trust politicians, regardless of party affiliation.
This is a result of corporations being allowed into politics, and corporate dollars influencing elected officials; etc etc.
Voters have come to realize this, hence the trust issues; and recall demands.
We all knew what we were getting with Biden, as he had a long and previous political history.
As mentioned here in other threads, it seems too many candidates are allowed in Chicago Mayoral races; perhaps that should be reformed.?
As for the IL gubernatorial race, crime will be an issue.
In fact, just yesterday someone got shot 50 yards from my house; then the shooters barged into my neighbors'(front door unlocked)home. It was like being in a movie, hostage standoff for over an hour.
And I'm 30 miles from the Loop, as I spoke to one officer of 15 years; he said it seems everyone has a gun these days. When he was a rookie, hardly anyone carried.
I dont doubt that at all. It seems everyone I know now has a gun which never used to be the case

Old 02-23-2022, 11:07 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,049,488 times
Quote:
I dont doubt that at all. It seems everyone I know now has a gun which never used to be the case

In the infinite wisdom of our state legislature, pellet guns have been banned.
Yeah, those things we had as kids with CO2/pump action; but the real ones apparently are readily for sale.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
In the infinite wisdom of our state legislature, pellet guns have been banned.
Yeah, those things we had as kids with CO2/pump action; but the real ones apparently are readily for sale.
makes sense lol

Old 02-23-2022, 01:03 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
biden has the lowest ratings of anyone ever. And I love the LETS GO BRANDON chants going on every where all the time! The T-shirts are great as well!
https://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump...-their-3368858

In short, Biden does better than Trump after a year in office.

According to a Reuters-Ipsos poll that was released on Jan. 20, Biden had a job approval rating of 43%, compared to a 52% disapproval rating. Trump, meanwhile, had a 37% approval rating, compared to a 59% disapproval rating from a Reuters-Ipsos poll at around Jan. 20, 2018.

What about other polling services? Biden outperforms Trump in those, as well.

A Gallup poll for Biden on Jan. 16 showed him with a 40% approval rating and a 56% disapproval rating. Trump's Gallup poll numbers were worse at about the same period of his term -- a 36% approval rating and a 59% disapproval rating.

When comparing the most favorable poll numbers for Biden and Trump in their first years, Biden also fares better than Trump, according to poll aggregator RealClearPolitics.

Two polls in 2021 showed Biden with a positive net approval rating of 29 points. Trump only had one poll in 2017 that showed a net positive approval rating above six points.

In the 2020 presidential election, Biden defeated Trump in the popular vote, 51.3% to 46.9%. Other candidates received a total of 1.8%.

Old 02-23-2022, 01:09 PM

249 posts, read 182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
https://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump...-their-3368858

In short, Biden does better than Trump after a year in office.

According to a Reuters-Ipsos poll that was released on Jan. 20, Biden had a job approval rating of 43%, compared to a 52% disapproval rating. Trump, meanwhile, had a 37% approval rating, compared to a 59% disapproval rating from a Reuters-Ipsos poll at around Jan. 20, 2018.

What about other polling services? Biden outperforms Trump in those, as well.

A Gallup poll for Biden on Jan. 16 showed him with a 40% approval rating and a 56% disapproval rating. Trump's Gallup poll numbers were worse at about the same period of his term -- a 36% approval rating and a 59% disapproval rating.

When comparing the most favorable poll numbers for Biden and Trump in their first years, Biden also fares better than Trump, according to poll aggregator RealClearPolitics.

Two polls in 2021 showed Biden with a positive net approval rating of 29 points. Trump only had one poll in 2017 that showed a net positive approval rating above six points.

In the 2020 presidential election, Biden defeated Trump in the popular vote, 51.3% to 46.9%. Other candidates received a total of 1.8%.
Trumpies will cry fake news. Anything they don't like is fake news. Polls are fake except when they show low approval ratings of Democrat, then they are true. These people are truly delusional.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
I would not vote for Ivin, the mayor of Aurora. He was interviewed by a reporter who asked him a good question. He hesitated and gave a b.s. answer and so tried to avoid answering.

He's another lame lying politician.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:38 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Another thread ruined by sophomoric bickering and off-topic posts. I've deleted several personal attacks. If you wish to discuss national politics, do so in the Politics forum.

If the thread goes awry again, it will be closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago