Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 10:14 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
Why don't we talk about the pack's chances now that Rodger's head got wacked for the 2nd time this year.
That would be off topic. This is a Chicago Bears discussion thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
The Bears play yesterday smelled as bad as New England Clam Chowder.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
That would be off topic. This is a Chicago Bears discussion thread.
To be fair, discussing Packer injuries seems pretty on-topic for Bears fans. Lord knows the ones I know actively cheer every time a new injured Packers player is mentioned during a game.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
I think there is a scenario that the Bears can lose out and still go to the playoffs. If they lose all three games, but the Pack lose their next two and beat the bears the last week, I think the Bears are still in.

If the Packers do anything except win out, all the Bears really have to do, is win any of their last three games to get in.

This weekend however, is probably their best chance. They have a banged up Minn team and GB has to go to Foxborough. The combination of us winning and the Packers losing seems to be the most likely outcome, and if that happens, our ticket to the playoffs is sealed.

With the Pack hurting, Rodgers foggy, and all those things going for the Bears listed above, I would guess we are like 85% plus to make the post season.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 PM

More Lovie stupidity:

"The Bears will play the Vikings in the frozen-as-liquid nitrogen and closed-for-the-winter TCF Bank Stadium on the University of Minnesota campus."

"So here I am Thursday afternoon inside the Walter Payton Dome on the grounds of Halas Hall, watching the Bears prepare for the ensuing snowy, dark and deep event, and they’re running around in orange shorts in 68-degree weather!"

Lovie has Bears practicing in dome to prepare for game in the freezer - PhotoGallery - Chicago Sun-Times

Old 12-17-2010, 12:03 AM

201 posts, read 470,206 times
The Bears, wait Chicago has a football team?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascrip View Post
The Bears, wait Chicago has a football team?
KC is a city? Even Indianapolis is bigger and better than that town. Cough cough.

Scram.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
KC is a city? Even Indianapolis is bigger and better than that town. Cough cough.

Scram.
I feel bad for someone so bored by their own team they're trolling other team's fan boards. Lame, lame, lame.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I feel bad for someone so bored by their own team they're trolling other team's fan boards. Lame, lame, lame.
Crazy huh? It would be one thing if the Bears were playing the Chiefs this year and someone wanted to talk smack. But this was completely random and stupid.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 PM

I'll say it. Lance Briggs is a wuss.

"Lance Briggs is not happy about the league's decision to stage Monday night's Bears-Vikings game at the outdoor TCF Bank Stadium."

"I really hope that the representatives from the NFLPA voice our concerns about playing there...Some of the things that make me scratch my head all the time," Briggs said before the Bears practiced Friday at Halas Hall."

Bears' Briggs vents about outdoor venue - Chicago Breaking Sports (http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/bears-briggs-vents-about-outdoor-venue.html - broken link)

If the Bears can't beat the injury plagued Vikings in conditions that the Bears play in year after year, more often than the Vikings, the Bears deserve to lose the rest of their games this year.

What an idiot. The last two regular season Bear games are in Chicago and Green Bay. What the funk do you think it is going to be like those weeks?

Wuss.

Stop the excuses. The Patriots had no trouble at all playing in the cold and snow on a "subpar field" in Chicago and whipping the Bear's asses.

Man up Bears. Man up Briggs.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 12-17-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago