Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 05:20 PM

219 posts, read 135,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Now we are talking about completely different things. I was responding to your allegations that an apartment was "rented" just to get the Rauners' daughter into Payton. That is not how the circumstances played out. I explained the residency discrepancies as well. The family resided in the City. I don't have anything to add about the donation or anything else. All of that is a different conversation. You clearly have no ability to read between the lines.
I was mistaken when I said he rented. He did change his residence right before his kid started high school and changed it back right after they graduated. His wife also continued to live in the burbs. Add to the fact that he gave the school 250K it seems pretty obvious that the only reason they lived in Chicago was for his kid to go to Payton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2023, 08:25 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Arrow View Post
I was mistaken when I said he rented. He did change his residence right before his kid started high school and changed it back right after they graduated. His wife also continued to live in the burbs. Add to the fact that he gave the school 250K it seems pretty obvious that the only reason they lived in Chicago was for his kid to go to Payton.
I am not aware of any Rauner children attending New Trier High School—my own high school. You can believe what you want to believe to suit your narrative. A Payton education is definitely worth spending millions of dollars.

Old 03-25-2023, 08:34 AM

14 posts, read 11,291 times
This is soooo similar to the journey that we are on!

OP - Would you be willing to trade contacts and we can share our research? thx!

Old 03-26-2023, 09:40 PM

21 posts, read 27,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjerryaura View Post
This is soooo similar to the journey that we are on!

OP - Would you be willing to trade contacts and we can share our research? thx!
Please see your PM. Thanks

Old 03-26-2023, 09:46 PM

The biggest reason for us is we are both urban animals. We both grew up in big cities living in high rise apartments in the Middle East. We both crave crowds, energy, and all the big city noise. We have both lived in suburbs (in Chicagoland and parts of Midwest) and don’t find it exciting. I get it HS is an issue, and we are open to looking at options beyond public school. But out side of NYC, Chicago downtown, Miami (recently) .. it’s hard to live an urban lifestyle in America. Our suburban options are to build in South Barrington (next door), oak brook or Hinsdale … all great options with excellent schools .. but none offer an urban lifestyle.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:24 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,856,011 times
I totally get that.

I grew up in the suburbs and once I hit my 20s I craved the urban lifestyle, but we had young kids and didn't have the means to send them to private school, so we settled in Naperville, which is great for schools, sports, etc. But we always longed for Chicago and planned our move there ASAP once the kids were out of high school.

And that's exactly what we did. It's a long wait, and it was almost too late, but we've enjoyed it a lot these last 4 years. We had our kids young, so we were only in our late 40s when we moved to the city.

Old 03-27-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
I totally get that.

I grew up in the suburbs and once I hit my 20s I craved the urban lifestyle, but we had young kids and didn't have the means to send them to private school, so we settled in Naperville, which is great for schools, sports, etc. But we always longed for Chicago and planned our move there ASAP once the kids were out of high school.

And that's exactly what we did. It's a long wait, and it was almost too late, but we've enjoyed it a lot these last 4 years. We had our kids young, so we were only in our late 40s when we moved to the city.
Smart of you to have kids young! Wish we had done .. but then again.. wish I had met my wife sooner. Wife and I need to (and mostly do) eat healthy and exercise so we can live long enough to see kids through college and into the workforce lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago