Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 12:01 PM

3,198 posts, read 1,662,548 times

Advertisements

I don't think Chicago pizza is a pizza. It is more like a pie. If you look at pizza across the globe, majority of the pizzas are thin, usually crispy and not too heavy with the ingredients. I like Chicago Pizza once in awhile but to me, it's not pizza. NYC pizza is simple and cheap. Real Italian Pizzas are harder to make, it requires higher quality ingredients. To each of their own, if you prefer Chicago pizza that's fine but it isn't about which one is better. They're not the same. It's like Chinese eggroll vs springroll. Eggroll is an Americanized version of the original Chinese springroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 12:08 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,249,261 times
Pizza PUFFS!!!!

Thank you!

Old 05-08-2023, 08:24 PM

3,041 posts, read 3,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I don't think Chicago pizza is a pizza. It is more like a pie. If you look at pizza across the globe, majority of the pizzas are thin, usually crispy and not too heavy with the ingredients. I like Chicago Pizza once in awhile but to me, it's not pizza. NYC pizza is simple and cheap. Real Italian Pizzas are harder to make, it requires higher quality ingredients. To each of their own, if you prefer Chicago pizza that's fine but it isn't about which one is better. They're not the same. It's like Chinese eggroll vs springroll. Eggroll is an Americanized version of the original Chinese springroll.
Depends where you go for Chicago pizza. Not everyone goes for the deep dish. Huge difference between fresh pizza & the frozen ones.

Too bad Home Run Inn stopped their pizza buffet.

Old 05-08-2023, 10:37 PM

829 posts, read 451,938 times
I always thought of Chicago pizza being tavern style and only eat deep dish if someone comes to visit and wants to try it. I agree with personone that its way to heavy for me too.

Old 05-09-2023, 04:24 PM

374 posts, read 257,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Depends where you go for Chicago pizza. Not everyone goes for the deep dish. Huge difference between fresh pizza & the frozen ones.

Too bad Home Run Inn stopped their pizza buffet.

I like both forms of Chicago pizza. The tavern style is found a lot on the southside.

But yeah, I can eat Giordano's, Rosati's, Connie's, Aurelio's, etc., just the same.

Old 05-14-2023, 08:22 PM

131 posts, read 67,233 times
I grew up in Chicago and while ALL pizza to me is good. I do have a preference for thin and crispy which I suppose is a bit more in the NY style. Been to Uno's and back when I weighed a lot less it didn't hurt me. LOL. But Chicago remains with its top recommends for Pizza, Hot Dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches, for which there is NO comparison. As for breakfast, NOBODY can touch Lou Mitchell's.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:02 AM

85 posts, read 45,309 times
It irks me that Chicago doesn't tout its taquerias more. LA is the only place that might be better (and I suppose San Diego but only for fish) though one might never know it unless one already knew.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:30 AM

Good morning, all.

Yes, I like the thinner pizza. And I always order extra tomato sauce, and especially if they ladle it nice and close to the edge, we're in business!

Shout out for my PIZZA PUFF one more time, though, too!

Old 05-15-2023, 07:57 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,133,840 times
I prefer the NY style of thin over Chicago's, but then again I am not a native, so I grew up eating thin crust pizza that wasn't crispy and crackery. They're both good though. When I was younger and dumber I used to say there was no such thing as bad sex or bad pizza, and while that opinion has evolved, there is still a kernel of truth to it.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:17 AM

quigboto, I've had more bad s-x than bad pizza.

BLESS you for THAT, Chicago!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago