Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 12:35 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Couple of comments:

1) There have been a number of southern states raising the alarm about numbers and being overwhelmed for years. They were called racists. That's been the entire rebuttal all along. No attempt to discuss impact and policy...just shut it down with "racism".

2) IL governor (and others) blaming Texas and with a straight face now that they have an issue.

3) The federal plan is, here you go...see ya in 5 years (maybe) go wander about the country.

4) Every country has citizenship and yes that comes with the right to be in that country. Not really sure what you have in mind there.
Most southern states created an exclusion for Real ID for their farm labor. I would think if they were "overwhelmed" they would subject every worker to Real ID, dontcha think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2024, 04:55 PM

52 posts, read 24,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
Your attitude reflects the liberal bent that has infected this country for some time now. It is that there is no longer any such word as "Illegal" and that there are exceptions to every rule and great flexibility to the very ways in which this country has ALWAYS functioned. The current administration is doing it's level best to completely undo all that previously allowed this country to function (properly) in some manner. Now it's being cast into pure chaos. If we should get so lucky to get someone in place running this country that once again can reinstate some manner of regulations to straighten this mess out then and only then do we have a chance of having a country back. I'm sorry that there are many disadvantaged people in the world from OTHER countries that wish to suck off our previously superior way of life. But that does NOT (I repeat NOT) entitle them to just walk on up here, cross our borders without regulation and expect we're going to take care of them like a lost child. This country has NEVER been that way before and dang sure should NOT become the wet nurse for the rest of the world at this time. We're already in an upheaval with the last thing we need now is millions of undocumented people entering the fray, many of which will come with bad intentions as they already HAVE. From countries that are not our friend. Who knows when the results of this is about to be the bomb that will go off. Just glad they are mostly headed YOUR way not mine.
Ironic that you complain about illegal when the GOP front runner and ex President is facing 92 criminal charges and has personally pardoned dozen of his lackeys for felonies. Dems have their problems and are corrupt, but at least when their leaders are blatantly and unapologetically corrupt they get sent to prison, see Blago, whom Trump granted clemency.

Old 01-20-2024, 02:36 AM

251 posts, read 197,539 times
Quote:
Your attitude reflects the liberal bent that has infected this country for some time now. It is that there is no longer any such word as "Illegal" and that there are exceptions to every rule and great flexibility to the very ways in which this country has ALWAYS functioned. The current administration is doing it's level best to completely undo all that previously allowed this country to function (properly) in some manner. Now it's being cast into pure chaos. If we should get so lucky to get someone in place running this country that once again can reinstate some manner of regulations to straighten this mess out then and only then do we have a chance of having a country back. I'm sorry that there are many disadvantaged people in the world from OTHER countries that wish to suck off our previously superior way of life. But that does NOT (I repeat NOT) entitle them to just walk on up here, cross our borders without regulation and expect we're going to take care of them like a lost child. This country has NEVER been that way before and dang sure should NOT become the wet nurse for the rest of the world at this time. We're already in an upheaval with the last thing we need now is millions of undocumented people entering the fray, many of which will come with bad intentions as they already HAVE. From countries that are not our friend. Who knows when the results of this is about to be the bomb that will go off. Just glad they are mostly headed YOUR way not mine.
Classic repub response. Sticking to your isolated 10 acre plot of land away from humans because you're soooo scared.
So privileged.

And to repeat myself. I said that we the federal government must do something and nip it at the butt.

That doesn't mean that the people who are here should be harassed(As they are) and be left on the street. Especially children.

Old 01-21-2024, 01:26 PM

128 posts, read 66,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
Classic repub response. Sticking to your isolated 10 acre plot of land away from humans because you're soooo scared.
So privileged.

And to repeat myself. I said that we the federal government must do something and nip it at the butt.

That doesn't mean that the people who are here should be harassed(As they are) and be left on the street. Especially children.
LOL classic demo response. Enjoy your babysitting. You asked for it and you'll get it......plenty of it. At some point you will get tired of it. Just hasn't happened "yet" with your liberal attitudes.

Old 01-21-2024, 03:27 PM

52 posts, read 24,126 times
Quote:
LOL classic demo response. Enjoy your babysitting. You asked for it and you'll get it......plenty of it. At some point you will get tired of it. Just hasn't happened "yet" with your liberal attitudes.
And yet dozens of Trumpies are posting on our forums yet very few of us are posting on your forums. Proof is in the pudding. Enjoy your mega churches and monster truck shows.

Old 01-21-2024, 10:57 PM

251 posts, read 197,539 times
Quote:
Unlike you, I have interacted with people from all walks of life. I'm good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago