Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember this womaninchicago person? JDubsMom sure sounds like the same person to me as womaninchicago. Read all of both of their posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,723,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
You said you did not want to move? I re-read your post and you did say you wanted to move.
That was what I thought too, but I guess what she said wasn't what she meant.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Gee and here I thought the topic of this thread was the Olympics in Chicago. Several hours later and I'm still the topic of conversation? Wow somebody and their friends must be really bored.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
wow somebody has such an exciting life where he/she needs to comment on someone else being supposedly being "bored"

Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,723,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
wow somebody has such an exciting life where he/she needs to comment on someone else being supposedly being "bored"

Sad isn't it? But she doesn't really mean what she posts so she "might" be saying, "Goodnight fellow posters, sweet dreams and happy tomorrows".

Old 07-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Gee and here I thought the topic of this thread was the Olympics in Chicago. Several hours later and I'm still the topic of conversation? Wow somebody and their friends must be really bored.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,181,094 times
Well, I'll get back to the Olympics. No, we won't get the Olympics. We don't deserve the Olympics. I think the Block 37 super station debacle was the final nail in the coffin. We can't put together a decent transit system. We can't pass a state budget. We are so messed up, we truly don't deserve this honor. This whole experience will be nothing but an embarrassment for us. The Olympics have historically rotated between Europe, Asia, and the Americas. After Beijing and London, he Olympics was ours to lose, and I think we have done so.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 7,472 times
I agree and see the transit system as one of the big obstacles. If by a sliver of a chance the Olympics does come to Chicago, it would nice to finally have a modern and CLEAN transportation system in this world class city.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Well, I'll get back to the Olympics. No, we won't get the Olympics. We don't deserve the Olympics. I think the Block 37 super station debacle was the final nail in the coffin. We can't put together a decent transit system. We can't pass a state budget. We are so messed up, we truly don't deserve this honor. This whole experience will be nothing but an embarrassment for us. The Olympics have historically rotated between Europe, Asia, and the Americas. After Beijing and London, he Olympics was ours to lose, and I think we have done so.
Well stated! You have added even more reasons to a long list of many as to why Chicago is not deserving nor capable of handling the Olympics.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-08-2008 at 09:39 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
With the exception of a few people all I've read is that Chicago won't get and doesn't deserve the Olympics. I ask you, what makes Chicago any less deserving than the other 3 cities?

Rio de Janeiro has HUGE crime problems and a weak transportation system. South America has never hosted the Olympic games so that is a negative for all other bids though.

Madrid's bid is the weakest of all because of them and bringing it back to Europe again, do you really see that happening so soon?

Tokyo's bid has the same problem as Madrid's because Beijing is hosting the Olympics this summer. They have also held the Olympics before in 1964.

Chicago's bid has flaws because of Vancouver receiving the games for 2010 and there isn't a guarantee of federal financial backing like the other cities.

I see it coming down to Rio de Janeiro and Chicago with Chicago winning. Tokyo and Madrid following respectively. Chicago has held major sporting and worldly events here before and has a plus that it had the Olympics taken away from it in 1904. The CTA , if the bid is won would easily obtain money to fix a transportation system that isn't to far off the mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago