U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM

13 posts, read 56,368 times

Advertisements

Yeah, and you know what..the blackhawks were the last team I saw play. It had been a while since I'm not a huge hockey fan, but at least you can get tix for relatively cheap compared to da bulls.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM

102 posts, read 590,690 times
I live in the Twin Cities. Last August, I visited Chicago for a week. I LOVED it. My favorite thing to do was just walk block to block, through Millenium Park, by the river, next to the lake... It was an absolutely GREAT experience. The downtown was also very safe. You always see cops on the sidewalk. I loved it. LONG LIVE CHICAGO!!!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 03:12 PM

20,005 posts, read 71,960,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmweather! View Post
I live in the Twin Cities. Last August, I visited Chicago for a week. I LOVED it. My favorite thing to do was just walk block to block, through Millenium Park, by the river, next to the lake... It was an absolutely GREAT experience. The downtown was also very safe. You always see cops on the sidewalk. I loved it. LONG LIVE CHICAGO!!!!!
Glad you liked it! Its my favorite city in the USA that Ive visited as well, and Ive visited LOTS. Nothing compares! Come back again soon!

Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM

2,491 posts, read 5,172,095 times
Every trip to Chicago i've had i've made a friend or two. That description doesn't even began to fit Chicago, i'm not a native and can see that.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 PM

110 posts, read 628,200 times
I love Chicago june thru october

Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM

13 posts, read 56,368 times
Default it hasn't even been that cold

people it's the midwest. There are 4 seasons. Global warming made 2006 the warmest year on record, and 2007 is forecast to be warmer. There have been like 4 cold days all winter so far. Chitown is amazing in the winter as well, Moderator cut: insults

Last edited by Marka; 01-12-2007 at 02:51 AM..

Old 01-11-2007, 05:54 PM

20,005 posts, read 71,960,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend999 View Post
people it's the midwest. There are 4 seasons. Global warming made 2006 the warmest year on record, and 2007 is forecast to be warmer. There have been like 4 cold days all winter so far. Chitown is amazing in the winter as well,
Itll get cold sooner or later. Next week has highs in the single digits and negative temps at night. We'll see more whining Im sure.

Last edited by Marka; 01-12-2007 at 02:51 AM..

Old 01-11-2007, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,436 times
Default If anyone in the Chicago area is thinking of moving to Denver, DON'T!!!

I know it is rude to come to a forum and seem like a "know-it all" but enough is enough!!! It seems that in the past year and a half there has been a massive influx of people, moving from Chicago, to the Denver metro area, and they are annoying me and everyone else!! I can see why they want to move. The crime, the poverty, and the overall dullness of that city must be depressing, but don't come here, because you can't afford it!! In Chicago, you make think you are getting alot for your money, and maybe you are, but it just won't work in Denver. I always thought that Chicago was more 'well to do' then Denver, but I guess not. Several neighborhoods seemed to have fill up with your people very fast, but they are all going bankrupt trying to keep their homes. THE COST OF LIVING IN COLORADO IS FAR HIGHER THEN ANYTHING THAT CHICAGO CAN HANDLE!! We try to be nice and polite, but they don't seem to get the message. They seem to think that if you take out a 60-year loan that you are going to be fine, but the amount they could sell there house for in Chicago, will hardly pay a quarter of the amount of our homes. It is hard to find homes for anything less, then at the bare least 500K. And even then, trash is selling in the MILLIONS. Plus, if you were born in raised in Chicago, you just don't understand the lifestyle. You just can't, so don't try because you'll look like an idiot. There is nothing like seeing a former Chicago resident move here one day, and the next, is going out rock climbing and ending up in the emergency room because they can't do it. While we have homes, we are always outside. The families in your town act like you can't leave you house unless to make a trip to the mall. Alot of them seem to drive big SUVs, but never go anywhere. I don't know what you do with them in cornbred Illinois, but here we use them for a real purpose. I never thought they were even a status symbol untill I met somewhen from Chicago. We have one so we go meet our friends in the mountains, not drive around to take my kids to school. Everyone from Chicago loves it here, but please, unless you know for certain that you are going to be able to make the financial adjustment, so our homes prices don't drop. Plus the driving!!! We have family that lives in, I guess what you call, 'Chicagoland', and they love coming vacationing here, every year. I thought it was just their driving, but it's everyone. AGAIN, DENVER"S TRAFFIC IS NOTHING LIKE CHICAGO'S!!!! Your job will still be there, when you get there. Hope I haven't made anyone change their minds about moving here, but just be more prepared. California residents are flocking here by the thousands, but you see, they have the money to do so and know the basic lifestyle. This is am amazing area to live in(education, lower crime, no gangs, everything in shopping, nothing cookie cutter and plastic, and no better place to be outdoors or indoors.) but you have been warned!! I have seen big CEOs from Chicago, move here thinking that they can afford anything, and in a year they are living in some desolate area in Wyoming or Nebraska. Nothing personal, just want to make sure that this city stays one of the best in the country and our neighbors are perminent, not here for the week and then broke.

OHHHH! And I don't know what is wrong with Aurora, Illinois, but Aurora Colorado is beautiful and is nothing like the obvious nasty, flat, factory setting that Chicago has. People seem to bring this hatred with them from Chicago, but like everything in Denver, it far outweighs whatever is the best in Illinois. And since some of you seem bound and determined to mob attack anyone that says a negtive comment about your boring city, it won't work in this case. Out of all the people from Chicago her in Denver, I have literally only met TWO that think that Chicago can outpreform Denver. The rest are all sad because they can't afford the stickers for their license plates, because they can barely make their housepayment as is!! I have been to Chicago dozens of times, for weeks on end for buisness, and can honestly say that the hype is not true. You are a town built on the blood of cows, and that dirty, bloody image has never left. FOR ALL OF YOU THAT CAN AFFORD IT AND REALLY ENJOY THE WAY WE LIVE, THEN BY ALL MEANS COME AND SEE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING!!!!! Trust me. It is breathtaking!!!

Last edited by mountainman521; 01-11-2007 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2007, 07:46 PM

4,723 posts, read 14,434,487 times
wow,,someones jealous of Chicago

Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM

111 posts, read 234,471 times
Im sorry i was born in chicago land and moved to northern california and will never move back to chicago, you couldnt PAY me a six figure income to move back to chicago, id rather make 100,000 dollars and live in a cracker jack box 3 miles from the ocean.

But i have to draw the line Colorado is a dump. Colorado is where people from california move who couldnt get creative ( yoru supposed to move to oregon duh), and they just wanted somthing cheap that resembeled california's mountainous terrain. And colorado is not expenensive like california, other wise californians wouldnt move out there. You guys arnt posh you are in the middle of mountian country!!!!!Every been to denver??? Ugh what a DUMP. Downtown Denver is not a place i would want to be alone at night if was a female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago