Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Old School Albany Park, Chicago Latin Kings 2

Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
you heard about that store owner that got killed either on cicero and north or in humboldt park a few days ago...everyone in the neighborhood knew him...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/man-found-slain-at-convenience-store.html (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Really sad- I went by there on Saturday to get some candy and they had a mini memorial for the guy
Well they got the 3 pieces of crap that did this. Two of them are women.

3rd person charged in storeowner's murder - 6/05/09 - Chicago News - abc7chicago.com

Bond denied in storeowner's murder

2 questioned in fatal store shooting

Old 06-14-2009, 01:03 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
^ yep and they were members of the Spanish Cobras that area is their turf

Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM

122 posts, read 200,474 times
Ugh, gangs! I say bring all those losers and have 'em fight in Iraq. I guarantee you they will be running back to their mommis in tears. Hearing them speak and looking at the way they dress makes me cringe. Another thing, will the gangs ever get their targets straight on? If you are going to kll another gang member, fine go at it but for the love of pet, stop aiming at innocent people!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:18 PM

378 posts, read 1,288,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbing68 View Post
Ugh, gangs! I say bring all those losers and have 'em fight in Iraq. I guarantee you they will be running back to their mommis in tears. Hearing them speak and looking at the way they dress makes me cringe. Another thing, will the gangs ever get their targets straight on? If you are going to kll another gang member, fine go at it but for the love of pet, stop aiming at innocent people!
Gang members don't intentionally aim at innocent people. That is bad for business and will result in punishment. And as the above article shows, there are plenty of gang members in the military. Knowing what you're trying to talk about is generally a good idea before you open your mouth and look stupid.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:10 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
Gang members don't intentionally aim at innocent people. That is bad for business and will result in punishment. And as the above article shows, there are plenty of gang members in the military. Knowing what you're trying to talk about is generally a good idea before you open your mouth and look stupid.
Arming dysfunctional violent thugs to the teeth with machine guns, tanks, grenades and letting them loose on the Iraqi population is irresponsible and cruel to the Iraqi people. I say ship them to a deserted Island and let them go at it and put it on youtube.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM

378 posts, read 1,288,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Arming dysfunctional violent thugs to the teeth with machine guns, tanks, grenades and letting them loose on the Iraqi population is irresponsible and cruel to the Iraqi people. I say ship them to a deserted Island and let them go at it and put it on youtube.
Well I think before letting them go to Iraq, the training will make them somewhat less dysfunctional. And people seem to have this idea in their head that gang members are just crazy kids shooting off guns. I think they'd be surprised that a lot of them are well disciplined and take what they do VERY seriously. Professional gang members, if you will.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 PM

211 posts, read 529,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioobag View Post
Gangs have infiltrated the US military. More joys of diversity. Look at this scum:

Frank Main, Chicago Sun-Times, May 1, 2006

The Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings and Vice Lords were born decades ago in Chicago’s most violent neighborhoods. Now, their gang graffiti is showing up 6,400 miles away in one of the world’s most dangerous neighborhoods—Iraq.

Armored vehicles, concrete barricades and bathroom walls all have served as canvasses for their spray-painted gang art. At Camp Cedar II, about 185 miles southeast of Baghdad, a guard shack was recently defaced with “GDN” for Gangster Disciple Nation, along with the gang’s six-pointed star and the word “Chitown,” a soldier who photographed it said.

{snip}

“I have identified 320 soldiers as gang members from April 2002 to present,” said Scott Barfield, a Defense Department gang detective at Fort Lewis in Washington state. “I think that’s the tip of the iceberg.”

Of paramount concern is whether gang-affiliated soldiers’ training will make them deadly urban warriors when they return to civilian life and if some are using their access to military equipment to supply gangs at home, said Barfield and other experts.

{snip}

“I know there is a lot more going on here,” he said. “I don’t inspect off-base housing or married soldiers’ housing.”

The Gangster Disciples are the most worrisome street gang at Fort Lewis because they are the most organized, Barfield said.

Barfield said gangs are encouraging their members to join the military to learn urban warfare techniques they can teach when they go back to their neighborhoods.

“Gang members are telling us in the interviews that their gang is putting them in,” he said.

{snip}

Barfield said a big concern is what such gang members trained in urban warfare will do when they return home.

He pointed to Marine Lance Cpl. Andres Raya, a suspected Norteno gang member who shot two officers with a rifle outside a liquor store in Ceres, Calif., on Jan. 9, 2005, before police returned fire and killed him. One officer died, and the other was wounded by the 19-year-old Raya, who was high on cocaine. Raya had spent seven months in Iraq before returning to Camp Pendleton near San Diego.

Photos of Raya wearing the gang’s red colors and making gang hand signs were reportedly found in a safe in his room.

Hunter Glass, a Fayetteville, N.C., police detective, said he has seen an increase in gang activity involving soldiers from nearby Fort Bragg. A Fort Bragg soldier—a member of the Insane Gangster Crips—is charged with a gang-related robbery in Fayetteville that ended in the slaying of a Korean store owner in November, said Glass, a veteran of the elite 82nd Airborne based at Fort Bragg.

He estimated that hundreds of gang members are stationed at the base as soldiers.

{snip}

A law enforcement source in Chicago said police see some evidence of soldiers working with gangs here. Police recently stopped a vehicle and found 10 military flak jackets inside. A gang member in the vehicle told investigators his brother was a Marine and sent the jackets home, the source said.

Barfield said he knows of civilian gang members in the Seattle area who also have been caught with flak jackets that he suspects were stolen from Fort Lewis.
Oh well, at least with military training, their aim will be better, ergo less erratic shooting, resulting in a higher kill ratio of scuzzy gangbangers, consequently, less innocent bystanders taking a bullet. I'm ok with that.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post

Sounds like the army needs to go back to flogging, hanging by the thumbs, bucking and gagging, the whirligig, riding the rail and branding.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Sounds like the army needs to go back to flogging, hanging by the thumbs, bucking and gagging, the whirligig, riding the rail and branding.
and my personal favorite for creativity, keelhauling. really, that one took some ingenuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago