Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 12:26 AM

4 posts, read 14,543 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I found an apartment on W Columbia Ave, which is in Rogers Park. I will be attending Loyola. My new place is next to where the ghettoplex is.

Can anyone comment on the safety of this specific part of Rogers Park?

I know, I saw the threads about it being a "block to block" place, but I have no idea if this is one of those blocks I should look out for.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 PM

anyone

Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 PM

346 posts, read 708,952 times
I'm assuming you're referring to the area near Sheridan and Columbia?
I graduated from Loyola, and am still going there for some unfinished class. We would get emails on a weekly or monthly basis warning us of students getting mugged because the surrounding neighborhood near Sheridan (North Shore Ave or Albion Ave.) was a haven for criminals.

All I can say is is that you should not be out at night alone in that area. I had a friend who was almost mugged were it not for her fighting back. She was almost mugged on North Shore, which is 1 street south of where you are at. Because the area on the near north of campus is filled with often-drunk college students, it is a haven for criminals who see an easy target.

Suggestions?
-Don't go out alone past dark, unless you walk on Sheridan where there are lights. Almost all the robberies we were notified about happened on the side streets (North Shore, Albion, etc.)
-Don't go out drunk. This makes you a very easy target.

During the daylight hours it is as safe as any other area really because it is full of students walking to the nearby Chipotle/Starbucks/trendy place. Plus it's daylight.

By the way congratulations on getting accepted into Loyola. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM

thanks

Old 07-16-2008, 07:48 PM

so who else

Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
GreXican pretty much summed it up very well. I for the most part concur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: