Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Advertisements

Two more shot in Garfield Ridge yesterday morning.

2 injured in Southwest Side shooting - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/04/2-injured-in-southwest-side-shooting.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 06:29 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,181,094 times
Well, it is north of 47th St., so not too surprising. Still, gang activity is getting bad. I know people who work in the ER at Little Company and they have had a lot of gunshot victims this year, being dropped off by "friends". They've just issued taser's and bulletproof vests to the security guards. I was at the Pulaski Orange line station a couple of weeks ago, and going up to the platform, the walls are completely covered in gang graffiti. What I want to know is where the &$%#$ are the CTA employees and transit police? How do they have time to tag an entire wall?!

Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 PM

161 posts, read 388,958 times
Gang activity isn't getting bad from what i've seen its gone down a lot in the past few years. And as for the shooting, it took place in LaClaire Courts, thats a housing project!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM

504 posts, read 1,492,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
I was at the Pulaski Orange line station a couple of weeks ago, and going up to the platform, the walls are completely covered in gang graffiti. What I want to know is where the &$%#$ are the CTA employees and transit police? How do they have time to tag an entire wall?!
Orange line stations close overnight, right?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
Orange line stations close overnight, right?
noooooooo, where'd you hear that?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 AM

367 posts, read 1,205,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west lawn kid View Post
noooooooo, where'd you hear that?
Well except for the Red and Blue lines, there are no CTA trains between 1 am and 4 am daily.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:51 AM

55 posts, read 179,904 times
to the original poster, have you looked at Canaryville? I know it has a kind of bad reputation here on the boards, but I have a few friends that live there and except for some heated Sox-Cubs exchanges, I have never witnessed any kind of violence. As far as I can tell, it is not in the papers for anything violent as well.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,584,643 times
I am sooo fed up with this declining filth happening to middle class neighborhoods espescially in todays economy. The decent hardworking blue collar Joe keeps getting pushed out furthur and furthur into exurbs he cannot simply afford in order to remain safe. This is just not fair! Something serious needs to be done with those stinking pieces of subhuman garbage of any color that brings these evil shootings and crime into these neighborhoods. It has become a very serious crisis that needs addressing big time. It makes my blood boil when I come onto this forum and I read a post about another neighborhood going down to some place hot in a handbasket. Pretty soon the decent hardworking folks are going to have no place to go where afford to live and remain safe.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,584,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
I am sooo fed up with this declining filth happening to middle class neighborhoods espescially in todays economy. The decent hardworking blue collar Joe keeps getting pushed out furthur and furthur into exurbs he cannot simply afford in order to remain safe. This is just not fair! Something serious needs to be done with those stinking pieces of subhuman garbage of any color that brings these evil shootings and crime into these neighborhoods. It has become a very serious crisis that needs addressing big time. It makes my blood boil when I come onto this forum and I read a post about another neighborhood going down to some place hot in a handbasket. Pretty soon the decent hardworking folks are going to have no place to go where afford to live and remain safe.
I forgot to add what is really heartbreaking about this whole mess that this declining filth happened recently like within the last ten years. (Gage Park, Brighton Park, Garfield Ridge etc. and now West Eldsdon).

Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
I forgot to add what is really heartbreaking about this whole mess that this declining filth happened recently like within the last ten years. (Gage Park, Brighton Park, Garfield Ridge etc. and now West Eldsdon).
There is nothing wrong with West Eldsdon andGarfeild Ridge is one of the safes areas in Chicago. Where the **** are yous getting this acppoctiloptic info from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago