Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
I know they are all over the place in the city but I can't confirm where they are or if they sell them in the burbs. My local CVS also sells single and 3-day passes but I don't think it is company policy.
See my link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Most Currency exchanges...

and there is a list that you bring up via PDF on this page:

[URL="http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/fares/wheretobuy.aspx"]Where to buy CTA passes[/URL]
Would they be under Chicago Card or Transit Card?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoslim21811 View Post
Would they be under Chicago Card or Transit Card?
Transit Card.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM

12 posts, read 20,223 times
Hi, I'm traveling Dad w/2 teens from NE ohio Sunday mid June-09, looking to drive in as close to Chi-land but drive and park near a CTS rail?. Can I get a safe suggestion from the area (parking early near I90/94 @ 290 for now... to see some of the city )
All other reasonable suggestions welcome
Thanks in Advance, D

Old 06-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Drive & Park near I90/94 /290 ...then Metro rail see city

Hi, Driving into Chicago Mid June and would like to know about how to PArk and ride (Sundays)
This would be to an area I can Park near I90/94 @ 290 for now...get on a Metro rail to go in & see some of the city . Any Suggestions? ~D

Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
^How long will you be in the city? Or is just for a day? If you are staying in the city more than a day what area will you be staying in?^

Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 AM

Hi, Just the day in C-town, We'll get a CTA day pass, (no over nite) as we have to be in Moline that evening. Is the city parking situation better on Sundays? perhaps we can park at meters for the same as railing in? any suggrestions since we will now have the CTA pass (Park and ride in on CTA). (when I called Metra and they were not to helpful about my question above) D~

Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM

393 posts, read 1,217,636 times
On Sunday you can pretty much park anywhere. I'm sure the lots (the ones that are open) charge something low like $5 for the day. The only problem might be if there is some festival in Grant Park.

You probably can find a spot on the street on Wabash under the El tracks in the Loop; unless Daley has gone completely insane, parking is still free on Sundays. Then you'd be one block from Grant Park.

Unlike many people's experience with urban downtowns, Chicago's is perfectly safe on Saturdays and Sundays.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
On Sunday you can pretty much park anywhere. I'm sure the lots (the ones that are open) charge something low like $5 for the day. The only problem might be if there is some festival in Grant Park.

You probably can find a spot on the street on Wabash under the El tracks in the Loop; unless Daley has gone completely insane, parking is still free on Sundays. Then you'd be one block from Grant Park.

Unlike many people's experience with urban downtowns, Chicago's is perfectly safe on Saturdays and Sundays.
You can find weekend parking in the south Loop (My favorite lot is around Wabash and Van Buren) for about $12 all day. There is no such thing as free weekend parking (at meters) anymore, which is quite a big controversy around here. I'm sure the lots further south are even cheaper.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,628,153 times
Maybe you folks can help me since the CTA can't give a good reason.

Why are the public address announcement systems on the Blue and Green Lines SO LOUD that it's difficult to concetrate? I'd say 30% of the cars I ride on make my ears bleed. Wha?

The kicker is the announcement, "Please be considerate when listening to portable listening devices and when talking on your phone so as not to disturb other passengers". Pot.Kettle.Black. Mr. CTA Audio Box Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago