Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:25 PM

295 posts, read 546,967 times

Advertisements

Wołomin Mafia and the pruszkow mafia in chiacgo
Solntsevskaya bratva or the Solncevo?

Rumor has it that the pruszkow and Solncevo are teaming up in milwaukee and chicago (ie )club jedynka. I ve seen evidence already in both cities as a emergence wondering if any one has had contact with these groups which are completey quiet!!!!!!! they hang out in russian, serbian, polish, greek bars it seems that from what i'm seeing as eye witness there all teaming up as if it was the eastern bloc returing. Even albania is now in alias in the return of the russian-polish mafia or pruszkow or solncevo coming together as of late.

I shouldn't be talking about this but do you have any info or encounters or neighborhoods you should look out for.......be careful!!!!!!!!!

Poland: Organized Crime Structure, Ties Analyzed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
I've never had any "encounters" but I have walked into a bar or two where it was very obvious that I was not particularly welcome and probably should not come back. If you're the only one in there speaking English, that's your first clue.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 PM

What bar was it????

Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 PM

well thers's plenty of serb bars/clubs in Milw where I had the same exp but was welcome once they found out I was from warszawa,pl

Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
do these guys fight with the biker gangs

Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
There is a definite presence in Chicago. Most of what I know is second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt, but here are a few things I've heard:

- A friend of mine used to work as a manger at a strip club and they were very careful in hiring any Eastern European strippers because many of them were victims of human trafficking. The FBI is aggressively investigating a number of these rings in Chicago, and clubs have been asked to alert them when women who fit a certain profile apply for jobs.

- I've been approached a few times (on the street and in a couple bars) by guys selling cartons of smokes for $5-10. They're Russian cigarettes. A friend also found a gym bag in the alley with $1000 in cash and 10-15 cartons of Russian smokes.

- When my wife and I were buying a house we worked with a good friend who's a real estate agent. We saw a couple houses listed on the NW side we were interested in and our friend looked at the agency and told us to forget it, that agency didn't really sell houses they just laundered money for the Polish Mafia, and the houses weren't really for sale.

I've also been in bars that have a weird vibe, any time you're the only guy speaking English in a bar with a bunch of guys wearing track suits, gold chains, and speaking Polish or Russian, it's best to leave. In the late 90's I used to see a bright Red Mercedes driving up and down Chicago Ave. all the time, it had a personalized plate of "CCCP" and was driven by different people all the time - but always by guys who definitely fit the mob stereotype.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
I've also been in bars that have a weird vibe, any time you're the only guy speaking English in a bar with a bunch of guys wearing track suits, gold chains, and speaking Polish or Russian, it's best to leave.
Absolutely. I once walked into a place like that, and immediately turned around and walked out, I thought, as a woman, that I'd be better off not even pretending to be polite enough to stick around for a drink with my friend, we just left. Once I found myself in a bar that was apparently better known Puerto Rican/Polish drug front, talk about a weird vibe. Needless to say, I never went back.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM

I've run into the same thing in milw with the rus. and serbs, track suites and bmw's/mercedes/maybach's and very alone with no outside contact. if you become friends/post's your a pony be careful but if they like you they like you.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM

Look this post doesn't mean all polski and rus. are bad I just wanted to know if anything out of the norm has been seen and where. Club Jedynka is a great place I go there every other weekend and haven't seen out of the norm just heard rumors, they just happen to be the same rumors I heard in Milwaukee

Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Don't worry, Milwcity, I didn't think you meant that, and I certainly don't feel that way, I've grown up my entire life around Polish and Russan people (hell, I've even been to Poland, and Russia) and have been to more Polish weddings than I can even count, but I do agree that bars that cater to Eastern European or Russian gangster sorts are creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: