Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 PM

230 posts, read 689,496 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the board and wanted to know where to find employment and/or job recruiters in the Chicago area. I am open to the surburbs as well, as long as I am no more than an hour away from Chicago. I have applied to numerous jobs in the area, and actually have an interview this coming Friday, 9/19 in Chicago and another on 9/25 in Joliet. I am very excited about these opportunities, but always want to keep my eye open for other opportunities in case one of these does not pan out.

I am currently working on my Master's Degree in Forensic Psychology and I have my Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. I am interested in working with juveniles and/or adults, although prefer to work with juveniles, because I find that they are less likely to re-offend as adults if they receive the proper counseling early on. I would like to assist and assess criminal behavior and patterns. I do not mind at all working in a correctional facility. If anyone on the board has any first hand knowledge in regard to employment in these areas, please let me know. I have tried various career employment sites on the internet, but always want to expand my horizons of employment opportunities.

In addition to this, I am a single mom, and would like to know about some of the areas that surround Chicago and Joliet, that are family friendly and that have good schools. I apologize in advance if I am not in the right spot for asking these questions, and I did look in the general Chicago thread for all things involving relocating to Chicago but did not find exactly what I was looking for. If I over-looked it, my sincere apologies for this.

I have been in contact with someone who would like to sell her condo in an area called Auburn Gresham. Does anyone know if that is a good neighborhood or not? She also told me that there is a school near her called Scott Joplin. Does anyone have any information on that school. I looked the school up online, and they seem to have pretty decent test scores, but I wanted to know if anyone had any personal experience dealing with that school or knew of anyone who has personal experience dealing with that school? I do know that the school is predominately African-American and that is fine with me. I understand or at least have heard that schools in the suburbs are better than schools in the city, is this true? If, so are the inner-city schools getting any better?

Also, what is the area of Midlothian and Glendale Heights like? Are those two areas considered suburbs?

Is it true, that if you can make it through Chicago's winters, you will absolutely love the city?

I thank you all for you assistance.

Melody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago