Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it's true but there has been reports about another killer clown on the west and south sides of Chicago- some people say he resembles "Homey the Clown" from a 90s popular show called "In Living Color".

Chicago Reader: Our Town - Who Saw Homey the Clown?

^This piece is kind of out dated, but it talks about a man in the early 90s dressed up as a clown (not Gacy) seducing children into a white van. This could all be made up, but looking at the comments section on he site it seems to be more in interest over the past week or so. Also last night I heard that he bit a child as well as sliced her throat. Like I said I don't know if this is real or not, but just take extra precautions because Holloween is right around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 19,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I don't know if it's true but there has been reports about another killer clown on the west and south sides of Chicago- some people say he resembles "Homey the Clown" from a 90s popular show called "In Living Color".

Chicago Reader: Our Town - Who Saw Homey the Clown?

^This piece is kind of out dated, but it talks about a man in the early 90s dressed up as a clown (not Gacy) seducing children into a white van. This could all be made up, but looking at the comments section on he site it seems to be more in interest over the past week or so. Also last night I heard that he bit a child as well as sliced her throat. Like I said I don't know if this is real or not, but just take extra precautions because Holloween is right around the corner.
I'd completely forgotten about Homey the Clown! He wasn't real?!? Not even a little bit?

I remember one time at recess my whole 5th grade class tried to run back inside when a white painters van stopped at the red light across the street. We were convinced Homey was scoping us out for kidnapping, one girl fell down and had this huge hysterical fit because we left her behind to get attacked by Homey the Clown.

That was a pretty good urban legend I have to say, I'm not surprised he's still around.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Sounds terrifying. In my town, it was "the man in the blue van" that was out to get us, and "blue star fake tatoos" were supposed to be laced with LSD.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:18 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
Saw this in another message forum earlier this week. I don't know the source, and there was no link, but it's dated October 3, 2008:

"Child abductor spotted in 1st Ward, criminal sexual assault reported in the 1700 block of N. Marshfield Ave.

The office of the 1st Ward would like to alert residents to a pair of reports we have received from the Chicago Police Department.

- A man is wanted by police in their investigation of attempted child abductions in the 1st Ward and the 11th, 13th and 14th police districts.

The offender is described as male and has been seen wearing blue or multi-colored overalls. The offender has worn a clown mask or white face paint with tear drops on the cheek.

Witnesses stated that the offender drives a white or brown van with the windows broken out.

The man was spotted near Garfield Park, Beidler School, Pritzker School, Polaris School and the area of N. St. Louis Ave. and W. Walton St.

The offender has reportedly approached children walking to and from school.

Any information regarding the identity of the offender or the vehicle used, please contact:
Area 4 Special Victims Unit
(312) 746-925
"

Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Alright, this is real. Here's the link to the Sun Times article. Yikes.

Man in clown costume sought for approaching kids :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1203581,clown100508.article - broken link)

Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Alright, this is real. Here's the link to the Sun Times article. Yikes.

Man in clown costume sought for approaching kids :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1203581,clown100508.article - broken link)
good link....

Old 10-19-2008, 12:43 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Update:

He was spotted on Wednesday 10/15/08.

Police warn about person dressed as clown - 10/18/08 - Chicago News - abc7chicago.com

Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 17,944 times
The clown was at wentworth jr high school and TFN school today the kid have seen him alot of time one day a girl was walking home and she seen then into a ice cream truck and she start run and other girl said that she seen him talking to little girl and she start runing too so just watch out big kids and little kids too

Last edited by lanisha payne; 10-28-2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: clown news bad

Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 15,474 times
one time in the 1800s hese kids would be walking and this man would say YOUR MOM AND DAD TOLD ME TO GET U"kids listen and the kids got killed and the man would chop there bodies in piecesand eat them, so be very careful

Old 12-27-2009, 07:55 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
I've been drinking an un-oaked Chardonnay, and I have to be honest... it's aged in oak for a reason. Now I understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: