Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
But, little cynical, don't you think?
I have a 25 year old daughter who wouldn't go to dinner with someone unless she was interested in him. Suffering bad company and worse conversation wouldn't be worth a free meal to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Well, I think that it is great that your daughter has the class and the self-respect to not subject herself to dinners with guys she does not know, just to get a free meal. But these people do exist; they feel entitled to take advantage of well-meaning suitors. These women who do this know they can get away with it, because most of the guys they meet are going to have some level desparation that will make them weak enough to fall for this type of trick (not me, I was just naive, but not anymore).
There are plenty women like this that exist and it is not just limited to dinners... Many (but not all of course) women will go on many dates with anyone and everyone just to get freebies.

What SmartGXL said is very true and not cynical at all.

Mamama Mia is your daughter still single? Send her pic my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubin View Post
Carriage rides are for proposals and anniversaries, not first dates.
Only to fools who live/envy the movies a little too much.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
There are plenty women like this that exist and it is not just limited to dinners... Many (but not all of course) women will go on many dates with anyone and everyone just to get freebies.

What SmartGXL said is very true and not cynical at all.

Mamama Mia is your daughter still single? Send her pic my way.

I am sorry to hear that there are women who are out for freebies. It's sad, really.
My 25 year old is an amazing, beautiful (of course!) single woman. She lives just off of Southport and she and her roommates frequent Schuba's and other neighborhood hangouts. She would kill me if I ever tried to "set her up."

Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM

569 posts, read 1,819,994 times
Show some musical sophistication... piano, jazz or blues bar and sip on a dirty martini.

Or a My Bloody Valentine show.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I am sorry to hear that there are women who are out for freebies. It's sad, really.
My 25 year old is an amazing, beautiful (of course!) single woman. She lives just off of Southport and she and her roommates frequent Schuba's and other neighborhood hangouts. She would kill me if I ever tried to "set her up."
Hey I live in Lake View and I am in the area around Schuba's often. If she is as pretty as you say I am sure I have set eyes on her before.

I can only dream!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,573 times
UGH now i want to know.. And i dont even live in chicago ( I really want to though)

how did the date go!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,633,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkylittleton View Post
Or a My Bloody Valentine show.
Haha, I saw MBV when they rolled through. If you can imagine sticking your head inside the jet engine of a NASA space shuttle at takeoff for 90 sustained minutes, you begin to understand what their live experience is like. Theres a reason they hand out free earplugs. Once I find a girl whos down with that kind of thing, I think I'm set for life

Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Steve, maybe it's generational or maybe I'm just cynical, but a carriage ride would be a HUGE turn off to me.

How'd it go G? How'd it go??? So curious!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 AM

103 posts, read 322,443 times
When will he come back and tell us how it went?! We like to live vicariously...

Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFeno1 View Post
When will he come back and tell us how it went?! We like to live vicariously...

OK, so now I am stalking this thread, waiting for an update....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: