Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
mh7

102 posts, read 331,367 times

Advertisements

Glenview would likely be a good option, as mentioned, it has great schools/parks and is very family oriented. Your husband would be able to take the train to Libertyville in about 30 minutes (or driving would be an option) and you would be able to commute to Arlington Heights relatively quickly as well (I've haven't driven between the two in a long time, but I can't imagine it would be more than 25-30 minutes). You would probably need two cars if you lived there.

Northbrook, Buffalo Grove, Arlington Heights would be good as well (although your husband would need to drive to Libertyville from Buffalo Grove or Arlington Heights).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 05:58 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,957,533 times
As their child is quite young I would worry less about state ranking for high schools than I would about the overall experience. Stevenson made some number one ranking, is in Lincolnshire, most of Glenview is probably not served by that school anyhow. (School districts include Glenbrook and others. Rankings for absolute "#1" are hard to really justify. Suffice to say Glenview is well up in the top tiers) Glenview is a fairly large town and has a lot to offer. It would be a fairly easy commute to Libertyville from some spots, though the surface streets to the Motorola complex might be a challenge from the SE corner of Glenview... Though from the NW section Libertyville and Schaumburg or Arlington Heights IBM office would be fairly good commute.

I am not sure that the data about Glenview is still accurate, my gut tells me there are a sizable number of Asian and Asian-Indians, bon't know why that is not broken out on chart: //www.city-data.com/housing/hou...-Illinois.html

Might be a possibility to check out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago