Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 AM

157 posts, read 363,194 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much, I did know about the jewel osco, I guess it is the first "green" JO in Chicago, if not in the mid-west..?. That is pretty cool. I am guessing that will make it more of a whole foods type of market?

It does seem like there are a lot of occupied condos and high rises around there, that is why I am surprised there isn't a TON more foot traffic.

You talk about heading to wicker park, but I am not sure where that is. My main concernis to get to midway. Is it totally impractical to walk to the clark/lake el stop from left bank instead of clinton? Gmaps says it is only 7 minute walk. Also, how easy is it to waive down a cab when getting off at the clark/lake stop. I was told to do this as opposed to walking from the clinton stop late at night.

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoshi View Post
When I said creepy as you go east, I just meant creepy the way the loop is creepy at night, stores all closed, empty high rises, whereas a bit further west, it's still a little empty, but it's residential so at least it feels like people are around. It's just a feeling, I'm not saying that it's more or less dangerous one way or the other.

we live right around where you'll be staying, an easier way to get to wicker park/bucktown from where you'll be staying is to walk to fulton and des plaines and take the 56 bus. The bus gets kinda slow sometimes, but will get you to wicker park in a bout 10 minutes. it's also on the CTA bus tracker so you can find out what time it's coming before you leave the house!

btw a nice jewel osco just opened up at des plaines and kinzie, it's quite close to where you'll be and it's very convenient
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Wicker Park/Bucktown are the most happening parts of the "West Town" Community Area, and they are easily accessible from the West Loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago