Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,062,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You know, I was kind of indifferent about Burris until I got a clue just how full of himself he is. The man isn't even dead yet but he's already built a mausoleum to himself where he keeps a running list of his accomplishments. This is just weird and creepy:

Flickr Photo Download: Burrisgrave
Yep. That's something, isn't it? Let's you know that his clownish press conference today wasn't just a poor attempt at showing confidence to the media. He really is enough of an egotistical dip**** to believe what's coming out of his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You know, I was kind of indifferent about Burris until I got a clue just how full of himself he is...
Yeah, I actually voted for him a couple of times years ago. I thought he was acceptable or ok back then.

His latest actions and interviews have made me totally sick.

All I know is, if I ever have a chance to vote in an election he may be in, in the future, I will not vote for him.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,301,327 times
Burris says he's senator — seating unlikely Tues. - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090105/ap_on_go_co/senate_burris_22 - broken link)

Quote:
Burris, in turn, has gone to court hoping to win an order for White to sign the necessary paperwork, and has also threatened to sue to take his seat in the Senate.

"We are hoping and praying that they will not be able to deny what the Lord has ordained," Burris said Sunday night.
cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

He's no Al Franken, that's for sure

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,375,411 times
I think we need to remember not to vote in the Democrats who denied us the right to vote for a recall amendment last Novemeber. We wouldn't be needing to have this conversation now.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM

11,973 posts, read 31,635,920 times
So now he was picked by God? Wow, he truly could be crazy... Perhaps he should be checked for senility. I've met at least a couple of senile 71-year-olds. Blago and Burris are seeming more and more similar every day with these delusions of grandeur.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:44 AM

5,459 posts, read 12,193,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
So now he was picked by God? Wow, he truly could be crazy... Perhaps he should be checked for senility. I've met at least a couple of senile 71-year-olds. Blago and Burris are seeming more and more similar every day with these delusions of grandeur.
Makes you wonder how many more cockroaches will creep out from the cracks.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 44,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Makes you wonder how many more cockroaches will creep out from the cracks.

ooowee, huni ... you know those things multiply if they are never tended to when first found, right ... and they are the only living thing that can survive a nuclear blast too ... whats that tell ya????

Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 PM

5,459 posts, read 12,193,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skye View Post
ooowee, huni ... you know those things multiply if they are never tended to when first found, right ... and they are the only living thing that can survive a nuclear blast too ... whats that tell ya????
Tells me that roach motel thingy is a money-making racket.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:49 PM

11,973 posts, read 31,635,920 times
This just goes to show that the Blagojevich vs. Burris primary election in 2002 was a big LOSE/LOSE situation for Illinois (like many of our elections)!!! Imagine what Burris may have done as Governor! He sounds just as crazy as Blago right now.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Burris says he's senator — seating unlikely Tues. - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090105/ap_on_go_co/senate_burris_22 - broken link)

"Burris, in turn, has gone to court hoping to win an order for White to sign the necessary paperwork, and has also threatened to sue to take his seat in the Senate.

"We are hoping and praying that they will not be able to deny what the Lord has ordained," Burris said Sunday night."

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

He's no Al Franken, that's for sure
I hope it is ordained by god that a large flock on pigeons fly over Roland and take a group poop on his head while another does the same to his mausoleum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago