Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkkt6 View Post
It is according to the people that own a building there.
That's your first clue to look elsewhere unless you like doing business with people who are liars. Some property owners will stretch the boundaries of a desirable neighborhood by a block or two to include their building, but to say a building at Divesey and the expressway is in "West Lakeview" is a flat-out lie. There's an entire neighborhood between there and Lakeview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
No, it's not Lakeview, it's Logan Square....but whatever!

Anyway.

I'm a white kid who moved from Iowa to Logan and Kedzie in 2001. That area changes a lot as you move around, but I never had any problems, and I use to take walks around that area all the time. I tended to stick between Kedzie and Western though. It gets worse as you approach Central Park or Kimball. I just never wandered that direction.

I love how it's much more families and quiet than Lakeview/Lincoln Park. Tree lined streets and not as much high traffic and commercial strips. It really depends on where you are though, but don't get hung up at all on the name of the area. Developers try and stretch things this way and that all the time.

What's the address or cross street? If you could choose, I'd definitely go a little further southwest and live near Logan and Kedzie by the blue line. I LOVED it over there. The train was so handy, 3 bus lines, beautiful tree lined blvd. I have friends who live west of there off Wrightwood as well and they're very happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago