Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
So did you ever find verification of your statement about Obama wanting a black person to succeed him? Did you look?

I gotta tell ya, you're looking really nonsensical at this point.
As much as I would like to find the proof I have yet to be able to at this time.
(That does not mean it was not said though.)

I am very curious however if this guy can find the proof. Somehow I do not think he is even attempting to find it if it does indeed exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 AM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
As much as I would like to find the proof I have yet to be able to at this time.
(That does not mean it was not said though.)

I am very curious however if this guy can find the proof. Somehow I do not think he is even attempting to find it if it does indeed exist.
I heard it on a local radio station a few days after the election. Sorry, i cannot remember what station- I was driving to work. I just remembered shaking my head in disgust when hearing the news-saying nothing has changed. I did research this by googling the statement and i cannot find anything on the computer. I will continue to research proof- but I did hear this on a radio station while driving to work.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Well, I gotta raise the BS flag now. As I stated before, I don't think Obama ever said his successor should be black.

"UPDATE 11/24 8:15 A.M.

Incoming White House senior advisor David Axelrod appeared on Fox Chicago Sunday and briefly discussed President-elect Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Obama has spoken with Gov. Blagojevich about the seat, Axelrod said, but did not offer a specific endorsement.

"There's a whole range of names that have surfaced," Axelrod said. "I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Asked if an African-American should be appointed, Axelrod echoed the now-common refrain that it "shouldn't be the only barometer or yardstick in this selection."

Axelrod also said that while Obama has an obvious personal interest in Illinois politics, he will not remain actively involved and "won't be a kingmaker or boss here in Illinois."

Full video of Axelrod's appearance is at Progress Illinois. "

Huffington Post, 11/08.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
I heard it on a local radio station a few days after the election. Sorry, i cannot remember what station- I was driving to work. I just remembered shaking my head in disgust when hearing the news-saying nothing has changed. I did research this by googling the statement and i cannot find anything on the computer. I will continue to research proof- but I did hear this on a radio station while driving to work.
A local radio station eh? Was there a big fat screaming drug-addict moaning about stinking liberals on this "local radio station" of yours?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
A local radio station eh? Was there a big fat screaming drug-addict moaning about stinking liberals on this "local radio station" of yours?
You mean the big fat screaming former drug-addict moaning about the former drug dealing and drug-addict president elect?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 PM

467 posts, read 874,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Well, I gotta raise the BS flag now. As I stated before, I don't think Obama ever said his successor should be black.

"UPDATE 11/24 8:15 A.M.

Incoming White House senior advisor David Axelrod appeared on Fox Chicago Sunday and briefly discussed President-elect Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Obama has spoken with Gov. Blagojevich about the seat, Axelrod said, but did not offer a specific endorsement.

"There's a whole range of names that have surfaced," Axelrod said. "I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Asked if an African-American should be appointed, Axelrod echoed the now-common refrain that it "shouldn't be the only barometer or yardstick in this selection."

Axelrod also said that while Obama has an obvious personal interest in Illinois politics, he will not remain actively involved and "won't be a kingmaker or boss here in Illinois."

Full video of Axelrod's appearance is at Progress Illinois. "

Huffington Post, 11/08.
If we are to be truly color-blind, skin color not only "shouldn't be the only barometer or yardstick in this selection", it should not be any barometer or yadstick at all. Of course this is utopia, people are NOT color blind, neither whites, blacks or Asians. Not only poeple are not color bliond they distinquish between the Irish, English or Italian and pretending nationaliy is not a factor is prtentious as well. Anytime a representative of minority is elected there is always a question of primary loyalties and I think a valid one in a democratic society aiming at proportional representation. Pretending we are color blind is what it is, pretentious. Axelrod, using the words quoted above only proves that point.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiavoli View Post
If we are to be truly color-blind, skin color not only "shouldn't be the only barometer or yardstick in this selection", it should not be any barometer or yadstick at all. Of course this is utopia, people are NOT color blind, neither whites, blacks or Asians. Not only poeple are not color bliond they distinquish between the Irish, English or Italian and pretending nationaliy is not a factor is prtentious as well. Anytime a representative of minority is elected there is always a question of primary loyalties and I think a valid one in a democratic society aiming at proportional representation. Pretending we are color blind is what it is, pretentious. Axelrod, using the words quoted above only proves that point.
Great post- skin color should not come into play for any job- thats why affirmative action in itself is a racist policy.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Great post- skin color should not come into play for any job- thats why affirmative action in itself is a racist policy.

Without affirmative action Black people (and women too) would not have gotten into certain jobs and lines of work, I know, I was around and I've seen the changes.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Without affirmative action Black people (and women too) would not have gotten into certain jobs and lines of work, I know, I was around and I've seen the changes.
Thats fine and dandy in the past- but affirmative action has been around long enough- blacks have had enough assistance from the federal government- now it is 2009 and may the best man/woman win. If we truly are going to ever stop judging by skin color, the affirmative action must be gone.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Thats fine and dandy in the past- but affirmative action has been around long enough- blacks have had enough assistance from the federal government- now it is 2009 and may the best man/woman win. If we truly are going to ever stop judging by skin color, the affirmative action must be gone.

Reasonable enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago