Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
When I read this, I laughed aloud. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself.

Because really, when you stop and consider it, how appropriate is this selection? Huberman, a man formerly in charge of a system that does a pisspoor job of moving people to their desired destination, one that is grossly underfunded and managed by severe incompetence, riddled with union politics so much so that its actual purpose is thwarted by idiots, all the while completely failing to perform its intended function... That being the movement of people from one place to another, wherever they need to go. On time.

I mean really, can we be sure he wasn't already in charge of CPS?
It's hard to argue that the CTA isn't in a vastly improved state than what it was before Huberman took over 2 years ago. I think we'll see this move was far more harmful to the CTA than the CPS a few years from now.

Side note - Huberman 'came out' this weekend, which I'd have to imagine would make him the first openly gay head of a large school system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
...Side note - Huberman 'came out' this weekend, which I'd have to imagine would make him the first openly gay head of a large school system.
Did he really? I did not hear about this. I always knew he was gay though.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
It's hard to argue that the CTA isn't in a vastly improved state than what it was before Huberman took over 2 years ago. I think we'll see this move was far more harmful to the CTA than the CPS a few years from now.

Side note - Huberman 'came out' this weekend, which I'd have to imagine would make him the first openly gay head of a large school system.
Huberman is a fantastic man, very charismatic and very interesting to listen to.

As someone who moved in those social circles several years ago, I'd be lying if I said this was news to me.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Did he really? I did not hear about this. I always knew he was gay though.
Really? I was kind of surprised by it. But apparently it was pretty widely known amongst the gay community.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
Really? I was kind of surprised by it. But apparently it was pretty widely known amongst the gay community.
It was widely known by the gay community. I am not gay, but I have known about it for years.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
I know a few ladies who will be disappointed by this... But yeah, Daley is building an uber-Mayoral candidate, and he will be the first openly gay, black, Jewish mayor in the country's history. He was a cop, the Mayor's Chief of Staff, ran the CTA, is now running CPS, and has an MBA... Could there be a more perfect mayoral candidate from a political perspective? He certainly knows the ins and outs of the city government... (tee hee).

Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,948,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I know a few ladies who will be disappointed by this... But yeah, Daley is building an uber-Mayoral candidate, and he will be the first openly gay, black, Jewish mayor in the country's history. He was a cop, the Mayor's Chief of Staff, ran the CTA, is now running CPS, and has an MBA... Could there be a more perfect mayoral candidate from a political perspective? He certainly knows the ins and outs of the city government... (tee hee).
Yeah, he is building a pretty remarkable resume for mayoral office as a technocrat. Of course, the question remains whether he has the hardball political skills that are absolutely essential here in Chicago.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
Yeah, he is building a pretty remarkable resume for mayoral office as a technocrat. Of course, the question remains whether he has the hardball political skills that are absolutely essential here in Chicago.
He seems pretty quiet. But he has a reputation of being a reall @sskicker.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 PM

725 posts, read 1,849,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I do think Huberman is some nice eye candy though.

Agreed.

I just think they should have hired someone with an education background. They keep saying how wonderful his management skills are, but there are people who have both management and education backgrounds.

edited: Doh, just read the rest of the thread. Why are all the cute ones gay?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,233,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
edited: Doh, just read the rest of the thread. Why are all the cute ones gay?
It's an unfortunate fact of life, i believe.

Since I've moved here and wound up with crushes on not one but two gay guys (not to mention one of the guys I liked back in High School), I just automatically assume guys I meet are gay until I find out otherwise.

Gay until proven straight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago