Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:35 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,642 times

Advertisements

I got my hair cut in hyde park today by a black woman. She went on for 1/2-hour about how Hyde Park is being ruined. I asked if it was because it had been discovered by yuppies and hipsters, north siders with money, the prices had gone up dramatically, it was losing diversity, etc. - basically all of my PC b.s. She said no, that it was the section 8 trash. Starting telling me stories about how the Algonquin became section 8, how apartments in the heart of Hyde Park's "golden rectangle" are now section 8, above Orlys is now section 8. How they are all filthy and uneducated free loaders that make her sick -- the baggy pants, screaming on the sidewalk, spitting, cussing, crime, etc. She then went on to say that, frankly, even though she is black, she doesn't like living near too many of them (she whispered that part to me).

It's hard to stereotype people. You never know what you're going to get. Gotta love Chicago.

Promis1: If you need a good haircut and want some good entertainment I'll send you the contact info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 PM

274 posts, read 709,262 times
Well hell, Im black and I can't stand some of those lazy fools either. It's just sad when you see them walking down the street saying things like..

Is we goin to da store! They can't even speak good english. If you go to YouTube, you can tell who the ghetto blacks are when they post words like cuz, da, and a whole bunch of cuss words.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 PM

333 posts, read 1,147,691 times
[quote=ajolotl;7664165]I got my hair cut in hyde park today by a black woman. She went on for 1/2-hour about how Hyde Park is being ruined. I asked if it was because it had been discovered by yuppies and hipsters, north siders with money, the prices had gone up dramatically, it was losing diversity, etc. - basically all of my PC b.s. She said no, that it was the section 8 trash. Starting telling me stories about how the Algonquin became section 8, how apartments in the heart of Hyde Park's "golden rectangle" are now section 8, above Orlys is now section 8. How they are all filthy and uneducated free loaders that make her sick -- the baggy pants, screaming on the sidewalk, spitting, cussing, crime, etc. She then went on to say that, frankly, even though she is black, she doesn't like living near too many of them (she whispered that part to me).

It's hard to stereotype people. You never know what you're going to get. Gotta love Chicago.

Sounds like a bright, realistic woman. Maybe she is my soulmate. Got to respect the truth-section 8 is the downfall of this country, No arguing this. No color of people like living by section 8 trash. Just wondering, is this Obamas barbershop- thought I heard that he still gets his haircut in Hyde Park when returning back home.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,642 times
Nope, this isn't Obama's place. Not even sure exactly where it is but this definitely isn't it.

For the record I've yet to meet one person in Chicago who has anything good to say about Section 8. That seems to be something almost everyone can agree on.

[quote=promis1;7664399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
I got my hair cut in hyde park today by a black woman. She went on for 1/2-hour about how Hyde Park is being ruined. I asked if it was because it had been discovered by yuppies and hipsters, north siders with money, the prices had gone up dramatically, it was losing diversity, etc. - basically all of my PC b.s. She said no, that it was the section 8 trash. Starting telling me stories about how the Algonquin became section 8, how apartments in the heart of Hyde Park's "golden rectangle" are now section 8, above Orlys is now section 8. How they are all filthy and uneducated free loaders that make her sick -- the baggy pants, screaming on the sidewalk, spitting, cussing, crime, etc. She then went on to say that, frankly, even though she is black, she doesn't like living near too many of them (she whispered that part to me).

Sounds like a bright, realistic woman. Maybe she is my soulmate. Got to respect the truth-section 8 is the downfall of this country, No arguing this. No color of people like living by section 8 trash. Just wondering, is this Obamas barbershop- thought I heard that he still gets his haircut in Hyde Park when returning back home.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:20 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,585,845 times
Section 8 needs to be REVAMPED BIG TIME!!!! Much more stricter rules need to be instituted to whom is eligible to be approved to receive it .These criminals,gangbangers, trashy thugs of ANY race and losers MUST NOT be mollycoddled! These should be the requirements :No felony record for ANY household member ; mandatory birth control for single mothers; 3 year limit (unless elderly- over 65 or legally declared disabled)) on the program;received HS diploma or pursuing GED or gainfully employed at a legit job or receiving job training for ALL household members over age 18;no partners or unrelated adults of the opposite gender over 18 living there unless they meet 3 requirements: (A. there is NO criminal record B.they are gainfully employed at a legit job AND have a HS diploma or GED equivilant C, legal marriage is imminent);periodic drug testing for all household members over 14; and teenagers must be attending school or pursuing GED. Anybody who defaults will be terminated from the program and any child involved will become a ward of the court immediately.Section 8 may be needed in some cases but it MUST never be a meal ticket for those who want to be thugs and criminals,who don't want to better theirselves and want to remain in that vicious circle, the so called ghetto mentality. DO NOT make it easy for criminals , thugs and gangbangers of ANY race.Section 8 has been nothing but heartache for the decent folks whether white ,African American , Hispanic or Asian who need a safe affordable place to live.The trash that currently is on section 8 has ruined TOO MANY decent areas ( urban , suburban and even rural)all over this country within the last 10 to 15 years and something very drastic needs to done about it very soon or we are all in BIG you-know-what!

Last edited by otters21; 02-27-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
These criminals,gangbangers, trashy thugs of ANY race and losers MUST NOT be mollycoddled!
Nor should people who don't know what a goddam paragraph is.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Interesting.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM

184 posts, read 766,286 times
That ignorant black woman needs to be fired for discussing politics with customers, especially those who post the discussion on the internet while making the woman somewhat identifiable.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 PM

367 posts, read 1,205,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
That ignorant black woman needs to be fired for discussing politics with customers, especially those who post the discussion on the internet while making the woman somewhat identifiable.
Mel2000, are you a troll, or a naive hippie? I can't think of any other possbilities. If you let us know which we will be able to have a more productive discussion with you.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
While on the subject of low-income housing:

Why are there so many buildings around the city that are isolated pockets of low-income housing in nice neighborhoods? I've heard such buildings referred to as "Scattered Site CHA Housing", but can find little information on this. It seems that there are other programs in place other than "Section 8" that affect entire buidlings. I know all about the low-income Co-ops, but I'm pretty sure most of the buildings are rental. Is this HUD housing? Something else?

After having problems with an isolated low-income buidling in Wicker Park, I now avoid these like the plague when trying to find a place to live. I've seen how one problem building can drag down an entire block and make life difficult for other residents. Otherwise nice neighborhoods like Wicker Park and Ravenswood are speckled with buildings like this, and the agencies responsible for the buildings behave like they are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago