Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So maybe we should make fat people eat outdoors. This could tie in nicely with the "Why is KFC going broke" thread. I could just see it now. A buncha heffers getting their Underdog fix after catching a Carnie Wilson show at the Double Door. Heck, they could even have a promotion. "Double wides at the Double Door".
If only all of Chicago's taxis were converted to rickshaw; then we could put the fatties behind the reigns and both improve their overall health and make a dent in our pollution problem.

::applied sarcasm::

Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 AM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
I bet I can find something you do that is both grosses me out and is hazardous to your health. Seriously, I'm not a smoker anymore (can't afford it here in Chicago) but there is no reason for everyone to be so angry at smokers. I wish I had a dollar for every greasy, fat, coronary waiting to happen that ever lectured me about smoking (who knows, maybe I could afford to still smoke). No one will say anything to the 200 pound mom, because hey, it's probably just weight left over from the pregnancy and after all, she's ordering a salad--nevermind the extra blue cheese dressing, the cheesy, processed croutons, or the bacon bits on top! No, she's not setting a bad example for her kid at all! But put a cigarette in her hand while she's with her kid, and I guarantee someone says something to her.

Tobacco is one of the few cash crops left in our country, and the tax revenues from sales is a major source of income for many cities and states. Fat people just cost money by increasing everyone's health care premiums and making companies build facilities bigger to make room.

All that being said, I have no problem with a law making requiring people to smoke outdoors in designated areas. I never smoked indoors so I don't mind stepping out.
I bet you dont

I take very good care of myself.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
I bet you dont

I take very good care of myself.
You are absolutely insufferable.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 AM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
You are absolutely insufferable.
Why because I dont have any gross or unhealthy habits?

I am very self disciplined and I happen to like myself.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
Quote:
i cant sleep without a gun nearby
That's a truly sad sentiment. I would be miserable if I felt like that.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:

Everyone has some gross or unhealthy habits.

One of yours happens to be your love of Brittney Spears.

I am sure there is more you are not telling us about.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:

No -- I actually have few bad habits myself -- I think you are insufferable because you are judgmental and clearly have an overly inflated sense of self.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Quote:

You sleep with guns. In my book that is a pretty unhealthy habit.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
I bet I can find something you do that is both grosses me out and is hazardous to your health. Seriously, I'm not a smoker anymore (can't afford it here in Chicago) but there is no reason for everyone to be so angry at smokers. I wish I had a dollar for every greasy, fat, coronary waiting to happen that ever lectured me about smoking (who knows, maybe I could afford to still smoke). No one will say anything to the 200 pound mom, because hey, it's probably just weight left over from the pregnancy and after all, she's ordering a salad--nevermind the extra blue cheese dressing, the cheesy, processed croutons, or the bacon bits on top! No, she's not setting a bad example for her kid at all! But put a cigarette in her hand while she's with her kid, and I guarantee someone says something to her.

Tobacco is one of the few cash crops left in our country, and the tax revenues from sales is a major source of income for many cities and states. Fat people just cost money by increasing everyone's health care premiums and making companies build facilities bigger to make room.

All that being said, I have no problem with a law making requiring people to smoke outdoors in designated areas. I never smoked indoors so I don't mind stepping out.
Guess what, that 200 pound woman eating what she wants is not affecting your health & hygiene in any way. Smokers do. I don't smoke and don't really want to get sick because someone needs to suck on a nasty tobacco stick in a public place. Also, it's kind of nice to come back from a restaurant or bar, and not have to Febreze your clothes before putting them in the hamper.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Guess what, that 200 pound woman eating what she wants is not affecting your health & hygiene in any way. Smokers do. I don't smoke and don't really want to get sick because someone needs to suck on a nasty tobacco stick in a public place. Also, it's kind of nice to come back from a restaurant or bar, and not have to Febreze your clothes before putting them in the hamper.
You live in one of the densest and most traffic-y cities in America -- you get far more carcinogens from car exhaust than you ever would from sitting in a bar next to a smoker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago