Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
And seriously, what a stupid question. Cheap diet soda? Is pop so expensive these days that people are really hunting for deals?

Try the $.99 cent store.
Excellent point. The OP could always sell off part of his $100,000 bicycle collection if the diet soda gets too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
Quote:
Must be a devil between us. WHORES in my bed, WHORES in my head...

I love the Pixies

I can't honestly say "soda". Whenever I hear that term I immediately think that at any moment, Bobby is going to ask Mary Sue to the sockhop, and jeewillickers won't it be fun!

Oooh goodness, you waaaaaanna sooooooooda? How about them there rocket skates, eh? You kids into rocket skates?

It already feels like the '50's in here.

And seriously, what a stupid question. Cheap diet soda? Is pop so expensive these days that people are really hunting for deals?

Try the $.99 cent store.
I feel the same way about "pop". To me, that term sounds lower class and hickish.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 PM

863 posts, read 2,784,910 times
I love you, coldwine.

Also, I say "soda" and I've lived in the Midwest my entire life.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM

38 posts, read 73,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I'm glad apartments and houses are bigger in Texas than they are in Chicago.

That way, if I ever move there, I'll have room to put the millions of dollars you'd have to pay me to ever live in Dallas or Houston.

LOL I love it!!!! Dallas really isn't that bad if you can get past the materialist nature of everyone here. Expect big blonde hair, a Louis Vuitton, a lexus, and some not so fake accents. There are some great people here but its definitely different from Chicago, I'm going to be in for a culture shock.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Default I DO declare....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Everybody hates Texas if you dont live in Texas.
.....you, suh, have INSULTED mah suthern honah! I DEMAND satisfaction!!!!

Couldn't resist...

Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
LK -- I hear people say pop ALL the time at work -- I work with a lot of 2nd 3rd and 4th generation Chicagoans and they all say pop.

St. Louis is actually one of the few place in the Midwest that say soda -- if you head north, west, south or east of STL you hear pop far more frequently.

Once I was at a Mickey D's in the south and ordered a coke and the girl looks at me and asks "What kind" -- this is before I knew they called all soda coke and I just looked at her with this weird expression and my face and said "um, the coke kind?"
Some people in St. Louis use "Coke" when meaning soda of any kind as well. It's more prevalent for people to say soda, and then say or get asked what kind, but there are some people that say they want a coke, and then get asked what kind and they may say something other than coke in response.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:59 PM

527 posts, read 1,244,922 times
Default Yep

See. I bet coldwine understands me.

Quote:
Must be a devil between us. WHORES in my bed, WHORES in my head...

I love the Pixies

I can't honestly say "soda". Whenever I hear that term I immediately think that at any moment, Bobby is going to ask Mary Sue to the sockhop, and jeewillickers won't it be fun!

Oooh goodness, you waaaaaanna sooooooooda? How about them there rocket skates, eh? You kids into rocket skates?

It already feels like the '50's in here.

Try the $.99 cent store.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekamp View Post
See. I bet coldwine understands me.
She forgot the whores at the door.

hey
been trying to meet you
hey
must be a devil
between us
or whores in my head
whores at my door
whores in my bed
but hey
where
have you
been if you go i
will surely die
we're chained
Cha a ained!

Last edited by Lookout Kid; 03-04-2009 at 03:29 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Some people in St. Louis use "Coke" when meaning soda of any kind as well. It's more prevalent for people to say soda, and then say or get asked what kind, but there are some people that say they want a coke, and then get asked what kind and they may say something other than coke in response.
I have a really hard time believing that those people are actually from St. Louis, but that's pretty impossible to prove I guess.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM

527 posts, read 1,244,922 times
Default wow

That is whorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
She forgot the whores at the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago