Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANDICEKAY View Post
Exactly!!! you guys should be trilled to have texans coming your way. I know i'm a bit biased but there are more beautiful women in Texas per capita than anywhere i've ever been. Of course the majority of my travel has been to the East Coast so i'm not exactly the best person to ask on anywhere other than that.
I believe the epicenter of hotness is College Station, Tx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM

38 posts, read 73,233 times
lol - Good thing I'm an Aggie then - Whoop!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandicekay View Post
lol - good thing i'm an aggie then - whoop!
gig em!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
gig em!
see there at least one person knows what's right!!!!!
i'm impressed skip!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
see there at least one person knows what's right!!!!!
i'm impressed skip!
I went there for C.O.S.G.A a few years ago. Me and the 8 other people I went with did not want to leave. We still talk about how amazing it was.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM

it's great there - so much fun - our very own little texas cult!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:11 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I think that's a good thing because that state has a lot of beautiful women.
If you like big hair, big makeup, annoying accents, and stupid world views...

I kid! I kid! One of my smartest, best-looking, most stylish female friends is from Texas. She hates it there, though.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:27 PM

Well don't tell me that, i'm needing Chicago to be a breathe of fresh air, cold air, but at least fresh!! Sometimes Texas can be very backwoods. Dallas is extremely superficial, of course i can't say a word i've fed into that as well. The accent though - uhhh - Put it this way, i'm from east texas, and its gotten better over the years but that sob will not go away!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Well don't tell me that, i'm needing Chicago to be a breathe of fresh air, cold air, but at least fresh!! Sometimes Texas can be very backwoods. Dallas is extremely superficial, of course i can't say a word i've fed into that as well. The accent though - uhhh - Put it this way, i'm from east texas, and its gotten better over the years but that sob will not go away!
I can't predict to how you will like Chicago, but I wish you the best! There are people here from all over the country. There's probably even a Texas bar where you can watch your favorite team with other fans (if you're in to that).

Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM

288 posts, read 851,686 times
I knew a woman from Dallas who said when she was younger, she wouldn't even think of going to the grocery store there without putting on pancake makeup first! But then she turned hippie. Anyway, Chicago doesn't have anything like the "Seattle Freeze" (which is the #1 Discussion under "Seattle" on Forum). On the other hand, I moved here as a middle-aged mom, didn't know anyone here, tried a Unitarian church that was all very elderly people so that didn't work out, so I think that at some stages in your life, it's not so easy to make friends. I'm a docent at the museum, but the docents who become friends there are all retirees who can hang out drinking coffee every morning. I haven't made many friends at work, either. They all seem to be south siders, and that's a whole OTHER story . . . maybe there's a "south side freeze".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago