Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM

161 posts, read 389,104 times

Advertisements

he was going 85, on a city road, if you don't understand that then i don't know what to tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDetroit View Post
Typical Chicago attitude. Corruption is A-OK. No wonder they keep having to send people from New York out here to straighten you out (Ness, Fitzgerald, et all).
Eliot Ness was born,raised, and went to college in Chicago [mod cut]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Ness

Last edited by aragx6; 03-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: name calling

34 posts, read 93,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
Yeah, as a matter of fact, they've practically eliminated crime in places like Detroit. Look to Detroit, Chicago!
Detroit's police force is undermanned and underfunded. I see the CPD everywhere i go. The difference is this.

When I was burglarized in Detroit, my roommate shot one in the ass with a 12 gauge. The officer said "Hopefully the m-f'r will bleed to death". They had the whole group arrested in nearly a week.

When I was burglarized in Wicker Park for the second time, mind you, the cops showed up 4 hours later, didn't bother to take fingerprints and were more concerned with a kitchen knife I had on my counter. Several of my neighbors were pretty sure who it actually was, but they didn't even bother to conduct interviews. I later had an attempted break in at 3AM. The perp got scared and ran off when I threw the lights on, but I prefer MI law, where i had a 12 gauge duct taped under my mattress and could have blown the [mod cut] head off.

The CPD probably outnumbers the DPD 10 to 1. That doesn't make them in anyway better. Considering how [mod cut] most of this city is (Austin, Southside) you have no place to talk. With the number of cops on the street, this place should be as clean as NYC.

Last edited by aragx6; 03-12-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDetroit View Post
Detroit's police force is undermanned and underfunded. I see the CPD everywhere i go. The difference is this.

When I was burglarized in Detroit, my roommate shot one in the ass with a 12 gauge. The officer said "Hopefully the m-f'r will bleed to death". They had the whole group arrested in nearly a week.

When I was burglarized in Wicker Park for the second time, mind you, the cops showed up 4 hours later, didn't bother to take fingerprints and were more concerned with a kitchen knife I had on my counter. Several of my neighbors were pretty sure who it actually was, but they didn't even bother to conduct interviews. I later had an attempted break in at 3AM. The perp got scared and ran off when I threw the lights on, but I prefer MI law, where i had a 12 gauge duct taped under my mattress and could have blown the *******s head off.

The CPD probably outnumbers the DPD 10 to 1. That doesn't make them in anyway better. Considering how ****ty most of this city is (Austin, Southside) you have no place to talk. With the number of cops on the street, this place should be as clean as NYC.
your 100% right we should be allowded to own guns, but the CPD opperates in mostly the south and west sides and the guyswho do the northside are the ones who don't exactly make southsid policing standards if tou know what i mean
P.S
i want to buy your friend a beer

Old 03-11-2009, 09:41 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west lawn kid View Post
he was going 85, on a city road, if you don't understand that then i don't know what to tell you
I think you are the one who doesnt understand that speeding doesnt = DUI

Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
I think you are the one who doesnt understand that speeding doesnt = DUI
85 miles an hour on a city ROAD and DUI is on even ground.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM

34 posts, read 93,075 times
I've hit 85 on lower Wacker, hasn't half the city?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:07 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,291 times
Quote:
85 miles an hour on a city ROAD and DUI is on even ground.
oh ok
Too bad you dont make the laws

Old 03-11-2009, 10:10 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,182,729 times
Quote:
the guy was going 85 in a 45, the cop was just trying to give this guy the hell that he deserves.
Better yet, the cop should have framed him for a murder charge. That would teach him not to speed. When he gets out in twenty years, you can bet he'll be going the speed limit!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 PM

72 posts, read 167,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Eliot Ness was born,raised, and went to college in Chicago you moron.

Eliot Ness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, this dude is completely insane.

I do like Detroit, however. It has a great art museum. But last time I was there for a weekend I literally could not have noticed more than 5 police cars. In a city like Detroit I you want the police to take damn good care of the (i assume) non crackhead population if its going to stand a chance of surviving the next decade. In Chicago, they can let the Wicker Parkers get pushed around. It builds character.

And I'm surprised the police were so concerned with his knife. He doesn't seem like a violent person at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: