Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM

11,973 posts, read 31,635,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I disagree that Chicago has better quality. Better quantity sure. But that doesn't mean Chicago is better. It's simply different.
I'm saying the quality is better in Chicago in terms of offerings like restaurants, theater, culture, shopping, etc. How can you argue against that with a straight face? Does this make Chicago "better" in a general conceptual sense? Of course not. It would be silly to say one place is better than another. And OP would be better off to decide what is "better for him".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,298,125 times
Stay in Chicago and seek better job opportunities there. It's not like you live in Muncie, Indiana and are limited in what is available. Chicago is a great city. More importantly, your family and friends are there. Don't let some job take you away from your core. No job is worth that.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:51 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
A move based on money is usually the right move to make.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,061,458 times
DON'T DO IT! Money isn't everything! Chicago is one of the best cities in America. Now if you were talking about going to NYC or San Fransico for a great job and pay, I'd say go for it. But KC or St. Louis? No Way!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
...St. Louis may not be able to offer all that Chicago does, simply because St. Louis is smaller, but St. Louis, to me, has a lot to do anyway. Wanna go see Chuck Berry play live once a month? You can't do that in Chicago. Wanna see one of the top ten zoos in the country for free? Not sure if Chicago offers that...
Yeah I want to bring my gf to see Chuck Berry so he can videotape her using the bathroom in a stall!

Besides Chuck Berry can barely play the guitar anymore. I saw him on Leno or something a few months ago. It was very sad. He has no business playing on a stage anymore. I respect the man for what he WAS, but he was not looking good ,sounding good,or playing that well at all in the present era.

There is a top ten zoo that you can go to for free in Chicago. It is called the Lincoln Park Zoo.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM

KC and St Louis are not even in Chicago's class. Only a few city's in America can compete with Chicago on any level. San Fransico I don't think can compete with Chicago as far as an 'urban' experience. But the natural setting setting, ambience, culture, etc etc can. KC and St. Louis seem like 'dead' cities to me. I'd choose Milwaukee over both of them.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,756,441 times
St. Louis isn't as large as Chicago, but both are fine cities.

Obviously, it's the OP's decision to make. Financially, going to St. Louis or Kansas City makes more sense if he's getting paid more, especially considering cost of living is lower in St. Louis and KC.

I wouldn't call St. Louis dead. Quieter than Chicago? Obviously. Dead? Probably not.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 PM

This thread might be better served in city vs. city...

Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Obviously, it's the OP's decision to make. Financially, going to St. Louis or Kansas City makes more sense if he's getting paid more, especially considering cost of living is lower in St. Louis and KC.

I wouldn't call St. Louis dead. Quieter than Chicago? Obviously. Dead? Probably not.
Makes more sense? Why? Cause he'll have more money, or I should say spend more? KC is DEAD! So is St. Louis! Although, I think KC is MORE dead than St. Louis. Anyone who has spent time in all 3 cities know the BIG difference between the 3 (or I should say 2, KC and St. Louis both are dead)

Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM

364 posts, read 1,564,628 times
Quote:

You've never even been to Chicago and you don't live in St. Louis; why are you posting in this thread? Sorry to come off like an ass, but really? This probably isn't your area of expertise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago