Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:37 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I actually kind of feel bad for you and your friends for thinking that way.

Do you feel unsafe around blacks?

Get off your high horse, why are you badgering the poor guy?

And yeah, I'd feel real unsafe around 95th and the Ryan. Like Daniel Boone would feel in Shawnee country in 1775. Maybe you're safe and maybe you're not but only a goddam fool would fail to take it into account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 PM

55 posts, read 179,904 times
Do more people who do not normally take public transportation to the southside take it to the parade?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
LOL............yaaaawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Get off your high horse, why are you badgering the poor guy?

And yeah, I'd feel real unsafe around 95th and the Ryan. Like Daniel Boone would feel in Shawnee country in 1775. Maybe you're safe and maybe you're not but only a goddam fool would fail to take it into account.

Last edited by Ron.; 03-14-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 03-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Yes, you'll see more than the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthebigdeal View Post
Do more people who do not normally take public transportation to the southside take it to the parade?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:42 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
hah i'd only be worried about the SUPER LOOOOOONG time it would take to get there, but I live in Edgewater.

oh it doesn't matter because guess what! i'm working tomorrow!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
Take the Rock Island Metra, it will get you a lot closer to the parade (okay, I realize this post is a bit late).

Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 PM

55 posts, read 179,904 times
Just so everyone knows, I went on the CTA, and it was a great trip. I am very happy to make the trip and go to places that I have wanted to since arriving in Chicago. It was very crowded, and a man tried to convert us to Christianity on the way back, he actually said he would not let us off the train until we did so, but other than that, it was a very smooth trip.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM

:-)

Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthebigdeal View Post
Just so everyone knows, I went on the CTA, and it was a great trip. I am very happy to make the trip and go to places that I have wanted to since arriving in Chicago. It was very crowded, and a man tried to convert us to Christianity on the way back, he actually said he would not let us off the train until we did so, but other than that, it was a very smooth trip.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:05 PM

968 posts, read 2,664,621 times
Quote:
:-)

Good for you
Did the negotiations involve cheap tube socks in any way ??

Old 03-15-2009, 05:46 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Quote:
Ok, no problem. Live your life and ignore all of the nonsense your friends are telling you. I'll bet the never leave the Northside.

How would they know what's what if the never venture out.

How can you learn anything about the world if all you do is hang out with people that look just like you. Thank god my parents taught me better.

If you don't get anything remember this, judge people based on the quality of their character.

I've on earth for 35 years now and to be honest I have NOT seen one bit of difference between blacks and whites. Not one difference. Both groups get on my nerves.......LOL
Blacks and whites have booth contributed to making this country what it is today good and bad.

BTW, I am black.
Thank you!!!!! The B/W suspicions of each other is absurd. Babies are babies and gangs are gangs.... color is moot; it's a news ploy.

Many years ago I went to a home on the south side to celelbrate the marriage of a mixed couple. It was about time for their daughter was three years old. I walked in the house and saw the invisible line. Grandma is on the sofa talking to her little grandkids and the white adults are on the other side of the "line". I think that was one of the most ignorant things I ever saw in my life. I crossed the line and sat next to grandma and chatted. It was not long after that the little kid wanted grandma to take her outsdie. Grandma said no, so she asked me. I told her to ask mom and did. They nodded and off we went. That sunday afternoon every guy on the block was washing his car. And everyone of them was watching out for the baby. I was ingored. I was not surprised and I was not scared. I was glad. If anything had happened to the little girl there would have been a lot of help riight now. Once they figured out the kid and I were ok and just walking outside the house they paid no more attention - but there was still a watchful eye as we passed. It was expected.

There are many subtle differences between black and white families. WE could learn from each other, but it seems that fear won't let us. As long as we have a country divided we will have a government who runs rough shod over all of us. The Ante Bellum south died two hundred years ago,, it's time to get over ourselves and form that more perfect union that Lincoln talked about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: