U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:41 AM

2,467 posts, read 11,594,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I know smokers who are not stinky. Some are, certainly. But I know a lady who smokes only outside. If you didn't see her smoke, you would have no idea that she does. You probably pass people on the street or even see people regularly who do smoke and you have no idea. The idea that smokers smell or are uncaring about personal hygiene is a dangerous and unfair stereotype. And not all smokers (like aragx6 for example) smoke all the time.

Not all people who drink occasionally are smelly alcoholics. And not all people that smoke occasionally are obvious smokers.
I don't care if you smoke outside. I can still smell the smoke on you. Being outside doesn't make it any less stinky It's not an unfair stereotype. I'm not saying anyone's unhygenic, but if you smoke, you will smell like smoke after you smoke and I will smell it on you. I'm not saying that it's my right not to smell you, but if you think we can't, you are in complete denial! Now, no one would say that if aragx6 didn't just smoke or even didn't smoke that day that she would smell bad
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,786,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Not all smokers are filthy. Many are. Some are not. I know smokers who do not smoke all the time and who do not smell. If you didn't know them, you wouldn't know they smoked.
most smokers are hookers....

Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM

51 posts, read 198,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Didnt you know its our fault they are poor? We need to give them more of our income too.
Good ol' hate filled internet sarcasm.

So you must agree that the government should tax the hell out of fast food companies and motorcycles etc. Because of drunk driving fatalities and health care related alcohol problems a 6 pack of Bud Light should cost $47 dollars...You obviously agree that the government should have even more control of our lives, telling us what is good and bad.

You must be a huge fan of preachy, self righteous anti- this or that crusaders.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM

51 posts, read 198,129 times
p.s. The smell of perfume makes me want to vomit..I can't wait for them to outlaw perfume in public places and cologne because I should be able to walk down the street without having to smell other people. I have that right.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,252,099 times
Smoking is disgusting and I hate when I am walking behind them and their disgusting puff cloud goes my way. Its not fun trying to dodge their smoke that they just blow all over the place with no regard to where it is going. I usually just hold my nose. I don't care if they see me either.

I just feel sorry for them when I see them huddled outside in their little smokers group puffing away. So weak.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,406,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Well actually there are educated people that work in powerhouses, fdoundrys, refineries etc. They're called ENGINEERS and MANAGERS. But your contempt for people that work in production comes through loud and clear.

As for selfishness, so what? Besides, I'm not the one telling other people what to do so that I can be more comfortable, that smacks of selfishness to me. I'm tolerant.
first off, that was not what you implied. because engineers and managers are just like me. they're not the ones you were speaking about in your original response. i guess the saying that you can't teach old dogs new tricks is true when it comes to you. you do realize that no one should be tolerant of anything that harms their health, don't you? ah, it doesn't matter. smoke away. it's really not about cigars anyway. it's about cigarettes.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7476 View Post
p.s. The smell of perfume makes me want to vomit..I can't wait for them to outlaw perfume in public places and cologne because I should be able to walk down the street without having to smell other people. I have that right.
Dont even go there because its not the same
Most things are not so black and white. So cut the BS.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,276,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
Dont even go there because its not the same
Most things are not so black and white. So cut the BS.
Neither will harm your health. You aren't getting cancer from a small amount of second hand smoke that wafted towards you in open air. You aren't.

Its purely about comfort level. So it is the same thing.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Neither will harm your health. You aren't getting cancer from a small amount of second hand smoke that wafted towards you in open air. You aren't.

Its purely about comfort level. So it is the same thing.
lol Fact second hand smoke is hazardous to your health

Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM

5,812 posts, read 17,368,204 times
I think he means the occasional whiff of second-hand smoke you get will not kill you.

And too much perfume is annoying. It can burn your nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago