Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:08 PM

2,299 posts, read 6,154,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west lawn kid View Post
...Evergreen Park High has a reputation for ...race riots.
Huh? Please provide some dates here! That might prove challenging, since such a thing has never happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 PM

58 posts, read 184,859 times
Whites have pretty much abandoned CPS. Just in case you were wondering.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,420,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
Perhaps on the SS where the OP is looking but on the northside the magnet PS's are booming. Just look at the number of lottery participants. I am one of the "white" (well, half white anyway) parents that would kill to have my child get ino LaSalle, Newberry, Franklin or even Oscar Meyer. All public schools

Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,447,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
I think the CPS abandoned whites and everyone else in this city decades ago for the green they can stuff in their own wallets.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:29 AM

161 posts, read 387,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Huh? Please provide some dates here! That might prove challenging, since such a thing has never happened.
there was one just about a month ago aroud the time it got really warm outside

Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,149,782 times
Quote:
Can you fill me in on what happened? I graduated in 2002 so this is definitely something I'm interested in. My parents still live in the EP and never said anything/heard anything about it.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Well, you should be able to provide some links to news stories from just a month ago. A race riot would definitely be a newsworthy event.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,049,400 times
While you're telling us about the race riot in EP, explain why every site I look up says that Ag is a Chicago public magnet school for kids talented in math and sciences. It's quality is a valid subject of debate, I guess, but it looks nice and I have heard lots of people in Mt. Greenwood and Beverly praying that their kids get in.

Quote:
The ag is an average school at best, and its not a magnet school. I really doubt you have to try to get in there, a lot of Mt. Greenwood residents try to avoid sending there kids there, it's an agricultural school for Gods sake!

Go to this site, it should help you out: Chicago Communities -- chicagotribune.com

Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
While you're telling us about the race riot in EP, explain why every site I look up says that Ag is a Chicago public magnet school for kids talented in math and sciences. It's quality is a valid subject of debate, I guess, but it looks nice and I have heard lots of people in Mt. Greenwood and Beverly praying that their kids get in.
You know, there's really not much room for debate here. CPS' own website lists Ag as a magnet school. They should know.

CPS Magnet Program (http://cpsmagnet.org/academic_program_desc.jsp?rn=2251978 - broken link)

Old 04-11-2009, 05:28 PM

161 posts, read 387,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
You know, there's really not much room for debate here. CPS' own website lists Ag as a magnet school. They should know.

CPS Magnet Program (http://cpsmagnet.org/academic_program_desc.jsp?rn=2251978 - broken link)
Actually the subject of quality is a valid subject, remeber just because it's called a magnet school dosen't nessarly mean it's a better school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago