Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more classic and hilarious?
Hey Hey Holy Mackerel 6 40.00%
Here Come the Hawks 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 PM

23 posts, read 51,974 times

Advertisements

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Go Yotes!!!!!!!!!! Beat Detroilet!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asucubbydback View Post
Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Go Yotes!!!!!!!!!! Beat Detroilet!!!!!!!!!
Go Hawks! And go Habs! All the rest of you wanker teams can kiss off!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM

*crickets chirping*

Uh, go Hawks?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
*crickets chirping*

Uh, go Hawks?
I think that they're in for a rough series; they just might be a team that's built for the regular season , and not the playoffs; losing Campbell certainly doesn't help, nor do the high expectations, or the team's impending salary cap problems...

Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I think that they're in for a rough series; they just might be a team that's built for the regular season , and not the playoffs; losing Campbell certainly doesn't help, nor do the high expectations, or the team's impending salary cap problems...
The addition of one of the best players in the NHL since last year, who had been in the stanley cup finals both the past two years, made them less built for the playoffs?

The problem is their role players who played great last year (Bolland, Ladd, Byfuglien, Brouwer) are either awful, invisible, or in the wrong position. Losing your main puck moving defensemen hasn't helped nor has the fact that Toews has been very unToewslike.

But I highly doubt any of that is because the players are worried how Bowman will make the cap next year.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
The addition of one of the best players in the NHL since last year, who had been in the stanley cup finals both the past two years, made them less built for the playoffs?

The problem is their role players who played great last year (Bolland, Ladd, Byfuglien, Brouwer) are either awful, invisible, or in the wrong position. Losing your main puck moving defensemen hasn't helped nor has the fact that Toews has been very unToewslike.

But I highly doubt any of that is because the players are worried how Bowman will make the cap next year.
My point being that, since the Hawks are a highly-skilled, finesse team, they just might not be equipped to play the same team 4-7 times in each series, as they are not an overly physical team..just an observation, and although I live in Boston, I have seen the Hawks play several times this season, and my impression of this team is one of very-skilled UNphysical team that just might not win the battles in the corners...

The expectations are also higher this year because of the strong regular season they just finished, AND the fact that this may be the last year of keeping this current team under the same roof; they are almost certainly facing defections because of cap issues this summer....

Old 04-23-2010, 06:50 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
My point being that, since the Hawks are a highly-skilled, finesse team, they just might not be equipped to play the same team 4-7 times in each series, as they are not an overly physical team..just an observation, and although I live in Boston, I have seen the Hawks play several times this season, and my impression of this team is one of very-skilled UNphysical team that just might not win the battles in the corners...

The expectations are also higher this year because of the strong regular season they just finished, AND the fact that this may be the last year of keeping this current team under the same roof; they are almost certainly facing defections because of cap issues this summer....
Except this is the same team that went to the WC finals last year, only losing to a more talented team, also one not described as overly physical, who then lost to the Penguins, also not described as overly physical. However, the two teams the Hawks beat last year did try to win by establishing the more physical presence. Speed and skill won those battles.

The difference this year is they are (were) missing two key defensemen and they haven't played that well, not that they aren't 'built for the playoffs'. Look at the stanley cup winners the past decade. This isn't the 70's anymore.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 AM

947 posts, read 2,423,353 times
They looked good yesterday.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Byfuglien is bloody awful, the WORST puck handler on the team. Whether hes playing D or O, he is unreliable at best. Id be shocked to see Buff wearing the Indian head next season. Versteeg is also starting to **** me off lately.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
SON OF A B.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago