Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:15 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times

Advertisements

As Lou Piniella wisely said, Bradley isn't a player. He's a piece of ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
I've been in the bleachers 100 times and never remotely heard anything racist being yelled at the players.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I've been in the bleachers 100 times and never remotely heard anything racist being yelled at the players.
I actually cracked up at comments in the Sun Times story on this, one guy says something like "the fans will insult your mom and your wife, but not a player due to the color of their skin"

Talk about your underhanded compliments.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:39 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
...I have yet to see Bradley actually specify any of comments. Personally, I think he's just annoyed with getting booed, which he could prevent by you know, not sucking, when he's getting paid millions of dollars of year to hit a ball with a stick.
And the thread should be done with this comment.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinniethezen View Post
Maybe the media is conspiring against Chicago, but what is up with the number of incidents of racist remarks being hurled at players at Wrigley Field? Milton Bradley is not the first, probably won't be the last. But I can't remember another city with this many problems with fans. Maybe Philly?
Maybe you are conspiring to kick up arguments against Chicago with false information to keep people like Jesse Jackson stay in power and rolling in dough. It seems like you a trolling now. I mean you came to the Illinois Forums because you were considering moving to the Chicago area. Now after finding out $750 a month is not going to get you very far here (this is the case for many other places as well) you post a inflammatory thread about Chicago. You have never lived here and as far as I know never visited Chicago. Yet you are speaking like you are so sure Chicago is the most racist place on the face of the earth. Have you attended Cub games and witnessed racist remarks to players first hand? Nope.

I have been to many Cub games over the last three decades and never heard any.

Your title: "Racist comments toward another black athlete in Chicago"

Really? Who are the others???

8/26/09
Quote:
Hi there my name is whin

My husband and I recently decided against a move to the midwest for various reasons, but rather to stay in California. We currently have a great house situation here in San Diego, only $750 a month to rent even though our place isn't very big- it's nice. We are wanting a change in scenery and are considering the Bay area. We realize it's very expensive, but the weather is still nice enough all year and there is so much to do. So where could we live, maybe rent, in the Bay area??? Suburbs would be fine. Train access would be a plus.

Any help is soooo appreciated!!!

8/20/09
Quote:
I know this thread is old, but I did not want to start a new thread on the same subject. Just adding 2 cents here.
My husband and I may be relocating soon from San Diego to the Chicago area if he's hired for a new position at All State. I am finding through some research that intolerance and clique-ishness are abundant in every larger U.S. cities....

...I have now heard many people say that there's a reserved cliqueyness, even a rudeness about Chicagoans. They supposedly will take it to extremes and are exclusive of their own suburbs and neighboring midwest states. I hear much of the same about San Francisco that they are somehow above other areas of California...

...Meanwhile, New York and Philidelphia were very surprising to our family upon a visit two years back. Both of those cities are very friendly and outgoing just about everywhere we went. Maybe I am wrong, but aren't east coasters supposed to be these rude jerks?

Last edited by Avengerfire; 08-27-2009 at 03:02 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I can guarantee you that every white player in the nba and nfl gets a racist term tossed at them by black players every game.
How do you know? Have they mentioned this? I think you are talking out of your hat.

Milton Bradley is an immature whiner.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
Why don't people see this for what it is? The proven nut case, Milton Bradley, is trying to deflect his pathetic performance this season by playing the race card. *Yawn. That might have worked in 1995 but not now.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 PM

"...But what most exposes Bradley as a fraud was his claim -- when challenged to reveal detailed examples of the racism he's faced -- that no one wanted to hear him because "America doesn't believe in racism...""

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1738295,afternoon-sports-club-cubs-27.article (broken link)

Old 08-27-2009, 05:05 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,409 times
Milton Bradley is an enneagram 6 personality type who is often at the lower average levels and occasionally the lower levels of his personality type under stress.

6 - Enneagram Type Six: The Loyalist

Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
I'm still laughing imagining what would happen if some person standing in the bleachers surrounded by 9,000 Cubs fans just started screaming the N word or something at a black Cubs player.

And he talks like this happens ALL the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago