Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:32 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
Given your total lack of credibility and your proven history of false statements, I would be very hesitant to take any claims of yours at face value. Maybe the potholes there are bad, and maybe they are not, but I'm not gonna take your word on it.
You know it is a pretty nasty trait to announce opinions as facts, don't you?

Like saying "given you total lack of credibility" That's an opinion. "Proven history of false statements" is also an opinion, unless you can back this claim with any evidence and I ma sure you can't.

You do not have to take my word for anything, it's an public forum but if you live in Chicago you know what I am talking about. If you are ever in the NW burbs visit that stretch of Lawrence I mentioned above, Irving Park is not much better. It's ubelievable the road can be that bad and the city is NOT working on fixing it. If you ever in Lincoln Park visit Fullerton. Just unbelievable. I just lost a third rim in 12 months.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Potholes are snobs too???

Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
You guys know how to make Dementor's comments the best they can possibly be? Get the board to replace them with this:
Quote:
This message is hidden because dementor is on your ignore list.
It's a beautiful thing. (It'd be even nicer if you guys stopped quoting him )

Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
No he was hit with a pop cup for being a weatherman duh- hence the title of the movie Weatherman
Nah, it was a soda cup. Only hicks say pop. Anyways, he was hit for being known, for being famous. Just like this. For fun.
That scene seemed very true to me and accurately describing Chicago "state of mind". Passive-agressive.

PS The character played by Cage later said that it never happened again once he moved to New York. Go figure...

Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Chicago's a reap-what-you-sow kind of town. Call it "passive-aggressive" or whatever other pop-psychology bullcrap label you put on it. You make your own experience here. If your experience has been misery, well congratulations, you earned it. Quit whining endlessly about it and own it. Unless of course you're too "passive-aggressive" to do that.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
I personally never experienced Chicago Snobbery except for my recent trip to Northbrook. I think Chicagoans are friendly but just as any big city you will come across people who just don't have the time to stop and say hello and hold the door open for you. I actually find Madison,WI to be more snobby than Chicago based on many past experiences.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:17 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Right. Every criticism of Chicago is either attacked or dismissed as whining. You just have to love this place
It's not that. It's the fact that your criticisms are completely crazy, and lack any basis in reality.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I am not whining I am commenting. Oh, I forgot, I should get on with Chicago spirit and simply regard the potholes as yet another proof Chicago achieved the big city status. All big cities have potholes, right?
You act like Chicago just achieved big city status yesterday, while in fact it had been the second largest city in the nation from the late 1800s until the 1980s. It just makes you look silly when you make ridiculous comments like this. Are you really this clueless about the rest of America outside the Tri-State region?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
It's not that. It's the fact that your criticisms are completely crazy, and lack any basis in reality.

Sorry to burst your buble, kid. It always seemed to me that Chicagoland is in some kind of general state of denial. You guys never admit to anything, even when faced with overwhelming and undeniable evidence. I call this Blago syndrom. That's typical here. From Joe Schmoe to Mr. Daley admitting anything is a big deal.

Are Chicago potholes not part of your reality? Visit Fullerton in Lincoln Park, I can give you exact locations of those horrible potholes tomorrow or drive to Lawrence between Cumberland and Des Plaines River Rd today. Take a look. People are actually slowing down to 10mph just to make it in one piece. Chicago potholes are unbelievable and the city does nothing to fix it. You know it, I know it. Why deny it? Do you want to look like a total a** Blago-style?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I just lost a third rim in 12 months.
Maybe you should watch where you're going.

I guess there is an upside to our pothole problem after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago