Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 AM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Right, right, right. Somehow, I often have people holding open doors for me, as I always do the same.
That's right. I often have people hold the doors for me, but it is an exception not a rule here in Chicago. I often find people slam doors in my face in New York but it is an exception, not a rule. That's a big difference.

Quote:
Again, it's not us. It's you. And I'm very proud of Chicago for making your experience so terrible. I can only hope we keep it up.

Again, your comment is an example of the infamous Chicago passive-agressive attitude I was talking about. I remember a scene from the movie Weatherman where Cage is pelted with a soda cup just for being famous in Chicago. That's I think the best describes this city immature attitude and that's why nobody who is anybody ever choses to move here. I hope you learn some day...

Old 04-27-2009, 12:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Quote:
Probably because the answer is obvious. Wealthy areas are always going to be thought of as the snobby areas. So, yes, North Shore, Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Naperville areas are commonly thought of as snobbier.
True, however everyone I have ever met from LK Forest and Naperville were very nice. I think it's just luck of the draw when you run into a snob.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Again, your comment is an example of the infamous Chicago passive-agressive attitude I was talking about. I remember a scene from the movie Weatherman where Cage is pelted with a soda cup just for being famous in Chicago. That's I think the best describes this city immature attitude and that's why nobody who is anybody ever choses to move here. I hope you learn some day...
No he was hit with a pop cup for being a weatherman duh- hence the title of the movie Weatherman

Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
That's right. I often have people hold the doors for me, but it is an exception not a rule here in Chicago. I often find people slam doors in my face in New York but it is an exception, not a rule. That's a big difference.

Again, your comment is an example of the infamous Chicago passive-agressive attitude I was talking about. I remember a scene from the movie Weatherman where Cage is pelted with a soda cup just for being famous in Chicago. That's I think the best describes this city attitudes and that's why nobody who is anybody ever choses to move here. I hope you learn some day...
Umm, you probably don't realize this, but your anecdotes, stories, etc have no credibility because YOU have no credibility. Your hatred of Chicago forces you to go beyond simply stating your opinion. You have even made (easily debunked) mistatements of fact (lies) about Chicago.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,725,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
True, however everyone I have ever met from LK Forest and Naperville were very nice. I think it's just luck of the draw when you run into a snob.
Maybe "snob" isn't the right word. It implies someone of a privledged background behaving in a condescending manner. Maybe you just mean "unfriendly" or "unpleasant".

Old 04-27-2009, 12:07 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:

Says the guy who spends all day whining about other's passive aggressiveness on the internet.

I usually try to avoid getting into these pointless internet arguments, but it was fun. Stay out of those potholes.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,725,495 times
Malls in general tend to attract people fron a wide geographic area. The people you met at Northbrook Court were most likely not from Northbrook.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Yep. Another observation I think most would find rather obvious.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:
Says the guy who spends all day whining about other's passive aggressiveness on the internet.

I am not whining I am commenting. Oh, I forgot, I should get on with Chicago spirit and simply regard the potholes as yet another proof Chicago achieved the big city status. All big cities have potholes, right?

Quote:
I usually try to avoid getting into these pointless internet arguments, but it was fun. Stay out of those potholes.
Right. I can see that now. BTW, Maybe this wonderful city should finally fixe those d...n potholes? I know a stretch of Lawrence, between Cumberland and Des Plaines River Dr that's as good as any road in Kabul but I bet they pay much less in taxes in Kabul... I think the Olympic comittee should see that...

Old 04-27-2009, 01:03 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Right. I can see that now. BTW, Maybe this wonderful city should finally fixe those d...n potholes? I know a stretch of Lawrence, between Cumberland and Des Plaines River Dr that's as good as any road in Kabul but I bet they pay much less in taxes in Kabul... I think the Olympic comittee should see that...
Given your total lack of credibility and your proven history of false statements, I would be very hesitant to take any claims of yours at face value. Maybe the potholes there are bad, and maybe they are not, but I'm not gonna take your word on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago