Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:14 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
oh ok let me just quit my job than!

There is a reason Louisiana is the poorest and least educated state.
we can tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,428,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I had a good friend who moved from Chicago to Mountain Home, Arkansas for 9 months. None of the 15 people or so in the office where she worked (the upstairs office for a factory) had ever been to Chicago or "yankee cities".

There was some large program at work where they were flying my friend and 6 other people to Chicago for a seminar (Chicago is the headquarters). My friend was really excited to show them around Chicago and have them see where she's from, get their reactions.

They ended up cancelling the event at the last moment, and my friend was shocked that all 6 of the people admitted to her that they'd been TERRIFIED about going to Chicago. She showed them pictures of downtown and her area on the north side, but they still couldn't shake the idea that women were being raped 24 hours a day on all downtown streets. It was very strange.

It was a very ignorant office though. One woman once told her in front of everyone to avoid the Memphis airport at all costs, because it's owned and run by the blacks. She looked around and everyone was casually nodding in agreement.
Tell me about it.

I work for the top real estate company in the state and I had to show my boss where South America was on the map.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
we can tell.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I think you hate me.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:26 PM

35 posts, read 113,788 times
Quote:
Tell me about it.

I work for the top real estate company in the state and I had to show my boss where South America was on the map.
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:35 PM

445 posts, read 1,343,853 times
Quote:

There is a reason Louisiana is the poorest and least educated state.
Yeah, for the same reason Mississippi is right behind them.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer1 View Post
Yeah, for the same reason Mississippi is right behind them.
yup

actually Louisiana and Mississippi keep going back and forth trading places year to year

Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I thought that womb-slicing baby stealing thing happened at a rural Wal-Mart... Am I right? I've only ever heard of that one incident, and it was a small town somewhere. I wanna say Missouri, but I can't remember.
I would not go there. I believe it happened here first.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM

264 posts, read 716,579 times
everyone in america except chicago is dumb....i dont think that sentence was gramatically correct but you get the point cause your chicagoans.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
everyone in america except chicago is dumb....i dont think that sentence was gramatically correct but you get the point cause your chicagoans.
dumb.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
One of the first was involved a woman in Addison. I believe the crime itself was in Villa Park: Williams cuts baby from womb, gets death penalty for kidnap, murder

Other states too:
Woman 'murdered mother-to-be and cut her full-term baby alive from her womb'| News | This is London

'Serial womb raider' accused of cutting baby from mother's womb 'had baby snatch history' | Mail Online

Cut from the Womb: Family of Defendant in Gruesome Slaying Speaks Out - ABC News

Baby theft suspect in 'cut from womb' case charged with murder - Arizona Sports Fans Network

FOXNews.com - Woman Guilty of Killing Pregnant Mom, Stealing Baby From Womb - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Pregnant Teen's Murder Shocks Peru(murdered then baby stolen from her womb)

Makes you want to kevlar undies....
Thanks Chet. Just what I want to hear right now... At least the "Serial Womb Raider" was a safe distance away in Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago